Who's got the most music?

How much music do you have on your computer?

• Total voters
I have approx, 12,000 albums on vinyl. Approx, 3,000 on 45. Approx, 300 33's.
I have 5 DVD music specials, like THE OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST, the best of.
I got approx 700 classical cd's. I have approx 4,500 album cd's. I have like approx, 2,000 freebies, from newspapers, magazines and collected from BM's. They're all cd's and cd singles.

As for MP3's? zilch. It's all in WMA format and I have like 300 or so.

I've had my isp call me and threaten to cut me off from the internet (i was using 3 times the amount of bandwidth of commercial bandwidth!)

Lee said:
Well wma sounds fine to me.

Then I guess that is all that really matters. I'm sorry if it came off as me bashing your choise in encoders, there are just so many reasons I dislike wma (closed source, no multiplatform, poor quality etc).

I highly recommend everyone try the LAME mp3 encoder and/or Musepack. Links to follow shortly...

Don't be sorry, I prefer people to say what they likes and likes what they says.

Personally, all music should be live and played live only, look what cd creators, digital enhancers and mixing studios with expensive software can do. It turns a bad singer into sounding good. Huh Millie vanillie (or whatever their name was) is a good example as why all music should be live.

Lee said:
I have approx, 12,000 albums on vinyl. Approx, 3,000 on 45. Approx, 300 33's.
I have 5 DVD music specials, like THE OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST, the best of.
I got approx 700 classical cd's. I have approx 4,500 album cd's. I have like approx, 2,000 freebies, from newspapers, magazines and collected from BM's. They're all cd's and cd singles.

As for MP3's? zilch. It's all in WMA format and I have like 300 or so.

Lee thats and awesome collection you have got there your house must look like HMV or something!
I thought I had alot of music but my 600 odd albums would dissapear and not be noticed in your collection I bet!
Stuff MP3s when you have all that though surely you meus need a jukebox or something ;)

*Edit* I have seen some of the stuff from the Old grey wistle test and there has never been a program like it since and i dont think there ever will be :( it was awsome some great sessions by The Who there :) *
dreamliner77
I personally prefer the ogg vorbis music format :)

indyjones said:
I personally prefer the ogg vorbis music format :)

The few reasons I don't go for ogg:
1) way too many forks and different builds of encoders
2) High Frequency boost issue
3) needs higher bitrate than mpc to be transparent

didn't add my cassettes and videos either. I collect things, I am like a bag lady. One day it will be worth something, maybe when i am dead and my great great great gran kiddies get their grubby mits on it.

Found this interesting....I love reggae too.

http://www.afst.com/patois_dictionary.htm#A music is great.

Lee said:
didn't add my cassettes and videos either. I collect things, I am like a bag lady. One day it will be worth something, maybe when i am dead and my great great great gran kiddies get their grubby mits on it.

Found this interesting....I love reggae too.

http://www.afst.com/patois_dictionary.htm#A music is great.

Heheh I know that feeling my personal weakness is limited or collectors editions like a total sucker I will go for them everytime :)

The reggae dictionnary was definatly interesting :D I am not such a big reggae fan other than the Bob Marley that should be in everybodies collection although I am a big Ska fan which is not far from reggae

Over 2500, in my metal folder. I have another drive which I'm too lazy to get. Must have another 3500 in that.

10,350 files @43.4 gigs although to be honest I own aboot 95% of it, still have about 200+ cds to encode :cool:

Have lotsa Ska

Right now 160 gb, I think it's somewhere around 24,000 songs (not sure). I still have about 300 cd's left to rip. I own about 750 cd's, 200 or so LP's and probably about 500 cassettes. Some of the stuff on vinyl and cassette are also on CD. I also have alot of "live" traded material.

Most of it is in Musepack. Some is mp3 using LAME with the commandline --alt-preset standard and mp3gained. I also use FLAC for lossless backups to cdr/dvdr and hdd.

280 gigs i dont know how many files cause i have all the cds covers, album reviews etc.. etc..

im curently studing the history of modern music for my own research.

because of this i dont have a single illegal mp3 on my computer :D

btw this is quoted from Title 17 of the United States Code

The fair use of a copyrighted work for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. Any other use is a violation of the laws of the United States of America.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back