who wants to make me a FLASH sig???

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
could someone make me a flash sig? it would be really cool. one time i tried but it was *** and wouldn't work.

i would like it to have front cover with my nickname and then have tabs, for example, one would be 'about me' then 'computer specs' then 'my site' and 'my recent posts'

if you are interested PM me or just reply in this thread. thanks!!
(i'll give more details when ur interested|\)

Please refrain from using negative remarks and belittling others to express yourself.
~PseudoKiller

BTW cant use flash sigs here and on most forums...

Thread Moved

yeah, the flash language can be used to bypass some of the security measures of the forums, anyone sensible has them turned off, unless they are maybe a flash developer forum

YIp .. In order to have flash work you have the hack installed, some people who do allow them on their boards have it set up where they offer the hosting of them from their hosted site. also cause the board to slow down ...

A good prog to use for some one who is Flash illiterate though is Swish ... It works pretty well.

i asked epunk about this so i know my facts. he's gonna make flash usable here (he's friends an expert). and he said it was ok for me to post this.

I can add flash signatures, but I would have to do it manually.
I will have to create some new guidelines before accepting any.

Would be pretty interesting to see what people can come up with...but the size would definitely need to be limited to prevent page-loading delays.

I dont think flash is a good idea, they would all have to be 'screened' before hand to make sure there is nothing underhand going on, and flash isn't exactly the most low-bandwidth-friendly way of displaying stuff.

well there is a program called swift optimizer that compresses .swf files well, also if someone is on dialup normal sigs might slow them down too, thats why they have the option to turn off the sigs, or they can just wait, just my two cents

That's true, but they shouldn't need to turn off every sig, just for the purpose of blocking one or two.

We don't, but with that said.. we don't even need sigs :)

Please no not flash,takes ages to load pages. This forums slow enough as it is.

flash = 2 slow on 56k....even if it's only a small file. making in a .gif is much better ;)

Even gifs are annoying. They're ok as single frame, but animation isn't really needed.

:( well maybe we can find out some way for the dialup people to have flash sigs disabled in options? and some how keep normal sigs enabled...

or maybe we could not use flash sigs since there really is no reason for them ...even you cant make one so why should we deny 56k ppl because you want one.

well said......we've done fine without them upto now;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back