Who Uses Anti Virus?

Do you Use Anti-Virus?

• Total voters
Well, outside of AVG and some online scanners, I think most packages cost... Avust, I don't think I've heard of that one before...

Currently, I'm actually running Kaspersky 6.0, but somewhat hesitate going into details. It is findable online, albeit it is still a beta version. Couldn't be held accountable if someone decides to load it, and gets some beta bug, such as when I was doing a system scan earlier, and my kernel's page pool suddenly hit 160 MB, the system reported "out of resources" when I tried to do anything, and had to reboot... Some others are familiar with beta software however, so...

One has to dig on their forum to get the companies ftp links, for release candidate 6, as the beta 2 release linked on their website is set to expire in 4 days...

I'm another fan of Nod32, simple, easy to use, and light. No reason not to have it running.

necessary to at least have a free one. I recommend AVG if you don't have anti-virus. it's free.

i use kaspersky antivirus and antihacker its more than greati i tryed evrything but finaly kaspersky was the best for me

I actually run Norton 10 on my Mac. I mainly run it because I use my Mac to virus-filter my emails.

Speaking of Mac anti-virus, I really think that if a company is going to release a virus scanner for a platform that rarely (if at all) gets viruses, they should still make the scanner function like it would on a PC. Norton 10's features are very limited. Where I work, we ran Sophos AV on our Macs... until Sophos released an update that mistakenly classified every single Apple Framework file as Opanki-B and deleted them. While the machine ran perfectly, none of the apps did.

NOD32... just as a precaution. However, it has picked up on certain dodgey websites though. :)

We use McAffee VirusScan Enterprise v8.0i at work, but at home I use Kaspersky. I used to use Norton, but it became such a huge resource hog. I checked out some independent reviews and Kaspersky came top in pretty much most of them.

Kaspersky 6.0 and right now it is using only about 7MB.

Nice....

i was reading about NOD32, i may try it....should i switch from avg??

The only thing i use is SpyBot to clear spyware and it works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back