Who Uses Anti Virus?

Do you Use Anti-Virus?

• Total voters

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
Just wondering if there people out there on their home PCs that don't use it. I don't and I dont have any issues. I just have a fireawall and anti-spyware and have no issues for a long time.

i have avg runing 24/7/365, but then i never have caught a virus as i'm not that stupid to open or download **** :p Router has firewall in it so that is only firewall i use. never use spyware programs.

There are no known viruses for OS X. I hope there never will be.

muzikool said:
There are no known viruses for OS X. I hope there never will be.

There is one as of two hours ago lol. Your timing is impeccable.

My iBook is virus free! As to my PCs, I could just copy and paste Henyman's post :p

Petros said:
There is one as of 45 minutes ago lol. Your timing is impeccable.

And my iBook is safe haha.

I know about that and it's not a virus, so my statement stands. ;)

Technically it's a trojan. Recall that there have been attempts in the past to claim the "1st Mac Virus" ... those turned out not to be.

Last edited:
Some day I will have a mac, I was thinking about getting a laptop but I dont know.....

I've cleaned many systems that have been infected, but no, I've never had a virus in Windows XP.

Norton Corporate runs quietly in the background, I check the logs every once and awhile, nothing to report.

Apple plugs lots of 'critical' holes, much like MS

It is not profitable to write malicious code for Apple's OS. It accounts for less than 5% of installed operating systems.
That being said, the only reason I don't use it (it's a beautiful piece of work) is that I prefer to build my own computer, and like to occasionally dabble in games.

Last edited:
I have one installed but I don't keep it running when I use it. I'll do a update/scan everynow and then. I'll start the program and leave it running when someone else is going to be using the PC. :)

Most times I don't use one. But if I do use one, it is usually avg ..

Good to know, thanks for the replies I was just intersted to see if there are people like me out there ;)

Yes, but I've not triggered off a virus alert for at least five years now. I sometimes forget I even have it installed. :D

I have McAfee running here, its quite nice because it doesnt use up hardly any resources on my machine and does it's job. it has noticed five attacks of the wmf vuln.

As most of you have read I am using the Windows OneCare beta on my production system. Let's hope it actually works.

I use AVG Antivirus along with Windows Defender.....never have problems

I dont have one installed most times.

If I ever think I let my curiosity get the better of my common sense I'll run by Kaspersky AV 30day trial for a full scan and then remove it again.

Personally I don't. I usually install one on computers I set-up for others though.

Been using NOD32 for many months now. It's probably the best antivirus I've ever used. On my 5 year old Sony Vaio there is very little resource use, and on my newer laptop I don't even notice it :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back