Who Uses Anti Virus?

Do you Use Anti-Virus?

• Total voters
LordOfLA said:
you're the one who said you dont notice nod32 :p

You didn't specify what or who you were referring to :p

Btw, why would I disable the real time scanning? That would be counterproductive wouldn't it?

i also use nod32. i get quite a bit of spam so every now and again i get an infected email but thats about it

At one point I had something like 15 AV programs installed at once. Yes, 15. No, they didn't conflict. I didn't use them as real-time scanners. I compared them on different things and I found what I thought was best. For ages I never ran any real-time scanner. I've never had a virus on my system I've owned. Was I smart in having no real-time scanner? Yes and no. My personal belief is that 75%-90% of not getting a virus is to use your f***ing head and just use some common sense. Of course there are always ways that will bypass this. I was smart enough to avoid getting a virus back then. These days I run NOD32 as a real-time scanner and have Kaspersky, AVG and The Cleaner installed as redundant on-demand scanners that I run on a regular basis. Better safe than sorry and NOD32 is great on resources with my system.

rotjong

Yes, I use anti-virus : also NOD32

Tried many, very satisfied with NOD32 :)

I use F-Prot Av and Spybot SD, I can't tell you the last time I triggered a virus warning in the last few years, but prior to using these products I myself never used AV and never had a problem. All it took was one rogue worm infecting every computer in my house to change my mind about that!

Just antivirus and a firewall here, router has got a firewall as well mind.

wwwdjrcs said:
I have read some very good reviews on Bitdefender lately:

http://www.bitdefender.com/

I tried this on a trial basis at one time. It killed my pc to a point where I had to reformat. I know people who have used it and had great success with it. But for me, for some reason, it ran like crap ..

between World of Warcraft and trillian I really dont pick anything up so I dont have any running right now. The only times I've got a virus is when I had AV installed so I dont use it anymore.

Johnny said:
I tried this on a trial basis at one time. It killed my pc to a point where I had to reformat. I know people who have used it and had great success with it. But for me, for some reason, it ran like crap ..
You seem to have a lot of issues with applications breaking your machine(s).

What problems was Bitdefender causing?

wwwdjrcs said:
You seem to have a lot of issues with applications breaking your machine(s).

What problems was Bitdefender causing?
I don't really have an issue alot of spftware. I think a lot of them in the past were mainly user errors. This one, when I installed it, it wouldn't run. All it would do was crash. I tried to remove it and it wouldn't let me. Resulting in having to do a reformat to get rid of it. I know I could have used a restore point, but, I didn't have them activated at the time.

Mind you this was an older version, so it could have changed since then. But, I'm not going to install it to find out either ..

Symantec corporate versions, yes. Norton branded does a great job but hogs resources while it does that (and it is bloated).

So is NOD32 the best low resource using anti-virus then, as I'm considering dumping NIS next year and going with something less resource intensive.

Yeah, I run Kaspersky...

I stopped using Symantec and McCaffee some time ago now...

I run kaspersky now but I used to just attached a medicated sieve to the cable connection. I heard that the medicated bit was really good at eliminating viruses.

:smoker:

AVG and Avast. I'd like Nod32 but I rarely get viruses and don't see the point in paying a lot for free coverage.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back