Who Produced It?

A

AaronMcarthur

who actually invented the first computer?
who invented the first program for it to run?

i know bill gates had something to do with it?

The first computer was the ENIAC built in 1946. It was a vacuum tube powered computer that was the size of a room. It performed 5000 operations per second (modern PCs perform a couple billion operations per second)

http://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/1945/index.page

There is a timeline of computer technology

JJB6486

It was originally invented to perform complex calculations for the US Army, so they could aim their weapons more accurately. The computer was so innefficient, Phillidelphia had brown-outs when it was in opperation.

brown out

They are localized power shut downs used to direct electricity to certain locations.

It's like when yer TV kinda blinks. Or the Lights flicker. Some times it's enough to reset the electric clocks in yer home. Not good for 'Puter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back