Who is a great stand up Comedian.

George Carlin <--going to see him live next month!
Richard Pryor
Paul Rodriguez
Ron White

there are SOOO many...but I'll name a few of my favorites, who I believe are the most original and hilarious. Richard Preyer, Jerry Seinfeld, Dane Cook, George Carlon, *Lenny Bruce* (IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD OF HIM, CHECK HIM OUT!!!), Jay Moore, Bill Cosby, Chris rock, Dave Chapelle, Robin Williams, Andy Kaufman, Dennis Leary, Sinbad, Jim Breuer...like I said, there are way too many, but these are probably my favorites...as you can see, there are no woman on my list :rolleyes:

George Carlin <-- Saw him live, have a good time xsivforce
Robin Williams <-- Love his Live on Broadway video.

since themafia isn't here im gonna say his
i think he would've said Pablo Fransisco he loves him, i love that comedian too he's hilarious in sound effects and stuff
Fish likes Pablo Fransisco and Peter Russell (or whatever his name is) i've only seen one show of his it was deadly

Lee said:
I know he is no more, gone to meet his maker, Tommy Cooper is the Man!
since you openned the "is" out to "was" also - for our friends over the pond I will add to this.....

Lenny Bruce

If we are sticking with "is" then I'll go with -

Billy Connelly
and Eddie Izard

And we need soem for teh ladies, so how about Jo Brandt? And did anyone else here know she was a mental health nurse before a commedienne? Anyone know if any other comedians had "day jobs" before?

FishBoy said:
since themafia isn't here im gonna say his
i think he would've said Pablo Fransisco he loves him, i love that comedian too he's hilarious in sound effects and stuff
Fish likes Pablo Fransisco and Peter Russell (or whatever his name is) i've only seen one show of his it was deadly

Doh, I knew I'd forget a few...
Pablo Fransisco is pretty good!

I cant believe I forgot about Richard Pryor & Bill Cosby!

Wow, lots of great names in this thread! I just saw the Blue-Collar comedy Tour on Comedy Central last nite...Larry The Cable Guy, Bill Engvall, Jeff Foxworthy and Ron White. Freakin hilarious...even better when you're NOT from the south! :lick:

Falconguard mentioned Bill Cosby, and he's exactly right...I thought he was ok when I was young and single...but a few years and a few kids later...he's unbelievably profound!

Eddie Izzard
Phil Jupitus
Mitch Hedberg
Bill Bailey
Dylan Moran
Jeremy Hardy

so on and so forth :p

Khayman said:
Bill Hicks is "worth mentioning"? He's a God, you should have to bow just to say his name!
Good to see I wasn't the only one going to mention Bill Hicks. :D

Billy Connolly and Peter Kay :D

** Is this the way to Amarillo?
Every night ive been hugging my pillow
Dreaming dreams of Amarillo
And sweet Marie who waits for me
Show me the way to Amarillo
Ive been weeping like a willow
Crying over Amarillo
And sweet Marie who waits for me **

Henry Rollins

*although it's not really stand up, it is some of the funniest stuff you'll hear.

oh yeah I forgot Adam Bloom, hes hilarious, Lucy Porter is quite amusing as well

What about peter kay?Hes good.My all time favourite has got be Jim Davidson,thats if you like swearing,blue lauguage etc.Cant beat him and hes very Patriotic of his country. :) :) :)

Thanks all great suggestions and i have listend to alot of these guys since this thread was started. fell free to drop new comics in any time. Im been trying to hear some fresh new ones. So anyone that hears a good set on Comedy Central (USA) then please drop there name.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back