Who Invented the Internet?

indeed you love a good bit of meat ;)

is there nothing you people won't hijack?

The english don't even know how to spell properly, how could they invent the internet? :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by Benny
The only thing the english invented is leprosy and wax figures.

...Twinnings Tea (Earl Grey my fav), Mclaren F1 (again, one of my favs), a superior defense intelligence in WWII, top recording artists, the first jet that can take-off and land vertically and list goes on.:)

Originally posted by SnookBooger
...Twinnings Tea (Earl Grey my fav), Mclaren F1 (again, one of my favs), a superior defense intelligence in WWII, top recording artists, the first jet that can take-off and land vertically and list goes on.:)
I meant the two that realy matter.

A lecturer at a British University invented the interent.
A British comapny called British Telecom (B.T.) invented hyper links.

Say no more Americans think they invented everything. Bet they think the Italian Job is something they thought up. The battle of Britian is now named; 'If it wasn't for us Americans you limey's would all be speaking German right now'.

I doubt that anyone could pave a claim to inventing the internet.
Quite frankly I could'nt careless who did. Just thank full.

BTW SnookBooger since when did a Harrier Jump Jet land vertically?

That's a Helicopter. Leonardo Da Vinci invented the Helicopter everyone knows that.:p :D :D

Originally posted by Kermit
Harrier jets can hover like helicopters and do.

Thats right, and the Widow Maker does land vertically (unless mirrors and smoke screens were being used in Desert Storm).:D

A well researched post Henyman.

It’s my view that the TCP/IP protocol (which was turned down by Bell) enabled the rise of the Internet.

Packet switching is a technology of its time as integration of transistor numbers into integrated circuits using silicone and advanced etching processes (still used today to produce all chips including CPU’s) enabled the advance of this technology. Believe it or not this process is very similar to “silk screen printing” albeit on a smaller (micron scale) scale.

The matrix of communications that are known as the Internet which is how the human brain works (well nearly) is a design model based on logic only.

Which is the most important of the ingredients used to make up the Internet is a matter of debate, but without packet switching none of this would have happened so quickly.

Well that’s my view.

Go here for more info: -

http://www.garykessler.net/library/tcpip.html#evol

:) :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back