Who here is VERY good at web design?

R

ReC0iL

Whoever is do you think you can help me out and get started? :confused:

I became quite proficient (once upon a time) - all self taught. Start out by visiting www.htmlgoodies.com ,probably the best tutorial site on the net for getting started out with web pages. Good Luck :D

don't mean to brag but i have built many sites that many people have liked and have recommended me to others,
heres my email address feel free to contact me:

dayneh88@urban.net.au

I must say, the website I built and designed for our department in the company I work in is the best - as what most of my colleques say. :)

I personally like FrontPage, but when i do HTML coding, i like 1st Page 2000 (freeware). Check it out if your trying to get into HTML coding

http://www.evrsoft.com/

JJB6486

I am! ;)
I use Macromedia Dreamweaver mostly. It isn't free but really good. Also if you need to learn HTML, the HTML For Dummies can be appropriate literature I heard.

Cool... Thanks for your help so far guys... I will probably contact some of you for HTML or dreamweaver purposes.... Zedric what are some webpages that you have created? I know what dreamweaver can make just no clue on what to do to make things with it.. lol :D

I prefer to use Notepad. I hand code all of my sites, and prefer to do so, rather than WYSWYG.

I am also self-taught and have been coding for years and years. Once you learn the basics of HTML, I recommend learning PHP, ASP, and mySQL; Flash is always fun, too.

How come nobody posted links to prove how good they are? All these brags, but nobody has the proof.

Originally posted by madmatt
I prefer to use Notepad. I hand code all of my sites, and prefer to do so, rather than WYSWYG.

I am also self-taught and have been coding for years and years. Once you learn the basics of HTML, I recommend learning PHP, ASP, and mySQL; Flash is always fun, too.

How come nobody posted links to prove how good they are? All these brags, but nobody has the proof.

:eek: :eek: :eek: nice 1

I use notepad also like Madmatt does. Also self taught. I think it's the best way because you and you alone are creating everything by wrighting it out. I designed the site for the shop I work for (Click the "www" button at the bottom of my post). It's still a work in progress, always updating and adding to it. Your best bet is "Creative HTML Design, a hands on html 4.0 web design tutorial". It's a book with CD-ROM included, written by Lynda & William Weinman. It is a great tutorial. It explains basics, basic page layout, working with images, frames, imbedding sound into your web sites, etc... You can check it out at http://www.htmlbook.com I think they have a new version out. I have the first version, It's like $40.00 U.S. But it's worth it. :D

I just need someone who would be willing to teach me dreamweaver because I have that. DreamWeaver 4. Could you guys please post your websites so I could see what kinda stuff you can make with this program........ :)

I mainly use DreamWeaver 4, I did the site remake for dd-soft.net. It doesnt take too long to load either.

The URL is correct but for some reason the page isnt always availible. This is not a problem with my work I can tell you that.

the best tips that I was taught were

1. never use spaces in filenames
2. Save the Original image files so you can edit them instead of the jpg files. this was true for me as I was using PhotoShop.
3. the easiest layout is
images
dloads
scripts
and so on, also including "Originals"
The primary page should be called index.htm, or default.htm something like that.

If you have a question about DreamWeaver dont hesitate to ask, one of us should be able to answer it.

Originally posted by madmatt
I believe there's a link in my sig. A yes, there it is! :) The site isn't complete yet. You be the judge if I boasted too much. ;)

Check my clan page, home made of course. PHP and MySQL really spices things up!

|CaE|

Originally posted by Zedric
I believe there's a link in my sig. A yes, there it is! :) The site isn't complete yet. You be the judge if I boasted too much. ;)

Ahh, you are correct, sir. I like the layout, dislike the colors. Over all, nice job.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back