• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who here is Irish?

E

Eve

Just being noisy, am feeling a little left out, everyone here seems to be either American or English, anyone here from Ireland?

I'm from Limerick, Rep. of Ireland btw

E

Eve

Woohoo! I am not alone anymore. Hi Silent_Bob, how's it going? What part of Ulster are you from?

E

Eve

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
I am quarter irish ;)
I've had this argument dozens of times before and I'm sure I'm going to get myself in trouble just for asking, but what the hell, here goes:

How in the hell can you be a percentage of a nationality? you're either Irish or your not!

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Grandmother was irish.
Grandad was yorkshireish
Grandma was southern
Grandpa is scottish

Eh ;)

And I was born in Germany, but on UK soil....

Confused?

E

Eve

Grandmother was irish.
Grandad was yorkshireish
Grandma was southern
Grandpa is scottish

Eh ;)

And I was born in Germany, but on UK soil....

Confused?
Nope, but you are still not Irish, it is not possible to be a percentage of a nationality, your nationality is the country is which you were born, you were not born in 4 different countries at the same time. It's not possible.

My Grandfather was American, but I don't go around saying I'm 1 eight American, cause I'm not, I'm Irish. I was born in Ireland, therefore, I am Irish!

*sorry for ranting and raving, just bugs me thats all*

E

Eve

Silent_Bob: Have you looked at the pole results? Christ, I think we really are the only 2 Irish people here!

E

Eve

Originally posted by silent_bob
Yeah i guess the rest r either in denial or out pickin spuds in the nice weather!!:D :D :D
hehehe! *lol* You've got to be kidding me Bob, the "nice weather" was last week, it can't seem to decide what it wants to be this week!

E

Eve

You are not the country you were born in.
You are not your f***ing khakis ;)
huh? what the hell is that supposed to mean.

btw, since everyone is posting their flag, heres mine. Go on the Green White & Gold!

S

silent_bob

I wood put my flag up but i fink that the red hand of ulster on the St. Georges cross is a bit errrrr..... contravertial!!!!

E

Eve

Originally posted by silent_bob
I wood put my flag up but i fink that the red hand of ulster on the St. Georges cross is a bit errrrr..... contravertial!!!!
I see your point :p

E

Eve

Bob, just noticed you're in Edinburgh, all I can say is poor you (no offence to any Scottish) was there last November (my sister was living there) f***in freezing was below 0 the whole time I was there, never going back, I've never been so cold in my life!

W

wyrlwyn

my dad moved her, and my moms parents also moved. so, my family pretty much came from there, no one in my family was here to long, so, i'm pretty much from over there. i don't like it here, people bitch and at stuck up. i want to live with my grand parens in wales, everyone is layed back and wants to havea good time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown