Who has Vonage?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
As some of you know, I just started a business and I need a business line. Instead of paying over $45.00 for a second land line I decided to look into Vonage.

Who has it and do you recommend it?

I currently have a four port router. I only have one available port on that router, but if I have a clients computer then I need that fourth port.

How does having Vonage affect the download/upload speeds?

What options do I have?

As a business owner do I have to purchase the Small Business Unlimited plan or can I get away with the Premium Unlimited plan?

What are the pro's and con's?

Any advice/help is appreciated.

Just get another switch, and use it's uplink to add more ports to use.

I know that with my Optimum Online VoIP it takes about 20 KB/sec upload and about 30 KB/sec down.

How is the quality?

If your using the internet to download something and on the phone the voice quality gets bad.

I signed up and received the hardware today. After quickly trying it out the call quality is actually great. My pal said it sounded like I was calling from a cell phone but that it was very clear.

we used voip in my old job, great sound quality as its totally digital. one thing you need to consider matt is if you buy a new router get one that prioritises voice packets as sometimes if you are transmitting and recieving data, if your router/switch/hub is not voice prioritised and your on the phone your network could crash in the worst case or at least you could drop the call or lose same data.

Or you could hack your router and install a 3rd party firmware that supports it. What kind of router are you behind and what did the vonage equipment entail?

The phone I bought has a built in router. It offers QoS which is good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back