• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who has the knowledge to tackle this?

hantipala

OSNN One Post Wonder
First post after reading and learning for 3 days. OK so here is what I am running.

Win XP Home SP2.
Verizon V3c loaded with GATW_01.OF.03
P2kCommander-V3.2.9
RSD Lite 1.9.1
Mobile Phone Tools 3.25
Drivers from this site.

I am still learning so I am not sure what I have to contribute just yet. I am able to access the file structure of my phone w/P2k. I can now add/remove files from phone. So far I have added an animated gif and some static jpegs, and pulled a few full resolution pics that I took with the phone’s camera.

My challenge now is mp3 ring tones. I have placed a file in the same folder as all the other ring tones but it is not showing up in the phone. The file a 30 sec long 24khz mono encoded mp3 that is smaller in kb than the preloaded Verizon mp3 ring tones.

Please help a rookie out and let me know what I need to do to make it work so I can load my own ring tones without spending air time or money.

Thanks

hantipala

OSNN One Post Wonder
I looked around and was able to figure it out on my own, I guess if one looks long enough you can find just about everything.

Here is the solution. Look for the file named MyToneDB.db in your phones file list save a copy of it first and then delete the file from your phone. Restart your phone and then your the rings your put on your phone will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown