Who has $1000 to spare?

64-bit means nothing. I wouldn't mind one of Intels extreme chips actually, that cache sounds niiiiice :)

read this:
**This item is NOT REFUNDABLE, exchange for same exact item only!!**

nicee.... you're screwed...

You're screwed because they won't refund it? :confused:
Erm, most places will do that for computer hardware..

Hehe, that thing must be screaming fast with HT and a 2MB cache. :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
64-bit means nothing. I wouldn't mind one of Intels extreme chips actually, that cache sounds niiiiice :)

yep, not unless your running a server, barely any normal programs will actually use it to its capability, Windows XP included and XP64 is still beta.

The AMD 64's aren't exactly a bargain either, plus the benchmarks I've seen on the FX version have been less than overwhelming. The reg P4C's seem to keep up with it ;) .

We won't know what the 64 FX will do until it has a real 64 bit OS and programs compiled on a 64 bit complier. Say in about 2-3 years.

Which is a good thing because by then it will down to $100.

:)

Here are some benchmarks... the Athlon 64 keeps up to the P4EE in every benchmark, only a few seconds off of the P4EE score.... no way a P4C will be anywhere close...

Mathematica
Athlon 64 FX-51 : 572 sec
P4EE : 639 sec
Dual G5: 997 sec

SETI@Home
Athlon 64 FX-51 : 106 min
P4EE : 111 min
Dual G5: 173 min

UT2003
P4EE : 334 FPS
Athlon 64 FX-51: 332 FPS
Dual G5: 80 FPS

Jedi Outcast
P4EE : 133 FPS
Athlon: 130 FPS
Dual G5: 72 FPS

Quake III
P4EE : 501 FPS
Athlon: 445 FPS
Dual G5: 404 FPS

InDesign 2.0 Export to PDF
P4EE : 46 sec
Athlon: 47 sec
Dual G5: 61 sec

Photoshop 7.0.1 All Filters
P4EE : 266 sec
Athlon: 269 sec
Dual G5: 330 sec

Photoshop 7.0.1 MacAddict Filters
Dual G5: 37 sec
Athlon: 38 sec
P4EE: 41 sec

Bibble/MacBibble
Dual G5: 240 sec
P4EE: 354 sec
Athlon: 451 sec

QuickTime 6.3 Export to .MOV
Dual G5: 706 sec
P4EE: 744 sec
Athlon: 803 sec

Compressor "Fast" vs. Procoder "High-Speed"
Athlon: 225 sec
P4EE: 225 sec
Dual G5: 263 sec

Compressor "High Quality" vs. Procoder "Mastering"
Dual G5: 724 sec
Athlon: 1105 sec
P4EE: 1190 sec

an oc'd p4c can keep up witht eh athlonFX... the athlon64 3200+ is around the same performance as a top of the line p4c...

the EE runs hot as hell and is expensive but it is the fastest out there... and doesn't need registered memory...

Either way AMD seems to be doing ok. Tommys just let out a complete benchmark on an FX-51 OCed to 2.8Ghz. It seems to scale well, and the performance is quite overwhelming. You might want to take a look.

IRT Goatman:

MaximumPC?

sixty four bit, smixty smour blit.. who cares? personally, i'd rather spend that grand on a house payment and feel good about my house not getting beaten in bench marks in 6 months by the next new house on the block.

(if that makes any sense, my analogys rarely do)

Originally posted by Sazar
an oc'd p4c can keep up witht eh athlonFX... the athlon64 3200+ is around the same performance as a top of the line p4c...

the EE runs hot as hell and is expensive but it is the fastest out there... and doesn't need registered memory...

What is this telling us??
You'd have to OC an Intel P4 (@3.2GHz) to whatever speed to keep up with an AMD running @ 2.2GHz? :p

Originally posted by ming
What is this telling us??
You'd have to OC an Intel P4 (@3.2GHz) to whatever speed to keep up with an AMD running @ 2.2GHz? :p

effectively yes..

but the good thing is intel cpu's are scalable and oc well...

btw for the price the 800mhz intel cpu's are better than comparative amd cpu's... :)

Originally posted by black-syth
Either way AMD seems to be doing ok. Tommys just let out a complete benchmark on an FX-51 OCed to 2.8Ghz. It seems to scale well, and the performance is quite overwhelming. You might want to take a look.

IRT Goatman:

MaximumPC?

yah I wanted to see the comparison between that and the 4.1 ghz prometia cooled p4 :cool:

now THAT would have been interesting...

dunno if they have done that with the EE though...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back