• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

which woould you recomend?

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
The question will become : wich scan engine is more powerfull [ norton antivirus or mcafee antivirus - same definitions ] . I say that Norton better ..

A

Atlana

i'm running (still) InoculateIT advanced client for NT (it runs for XP also.there is a tiny ~200KB TSR update for it) and the realtime scan-engine is really lean ( ~300-400KB VXD) and fast (a huge zipped CD ISO takes ab. ~3 seconds on an 800 AMD CPU seconds) scans even through all the messengers out there for incomming or outgoing files..regardless if LAN/WAN or dial-up/DSL...the updates are for the XP/win2k version only ab. 2+megs

that thing has protected me for any crap thats floating out there, even if they're 'encapsuled' files like KAZAA (i know i know kazaa arent REALLY encapsuled files) or any other binaries...and it scans even files u just mark/highlight with u'r mouse or copy/move them around from folder to folder....

but best thing is..(what McAfee can not, not sure ab. norton) its autodownload-manager/update-system is independet, i remember that there was an incident ab. 1-2 years ago with McAfee where a faulty push-update locked every system up with 100% CPU usage right from the bootup!

just my 2ยข ;)

cheers
@

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
go for norton...

I used mcaffee and went back to norton... its better... and tech support is kewl too...

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies