Which VM tool?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
OK - have not used a VM for sometime, which i the best to use, best meaning stable and offers good support, i know Microsoft do one and of course VMware, but there are a few different ones from VMware.

I am doing some testing for a web based script (beta tester and semi support bod :)), and have decided to install a few linux distributions to help with testing, could do it on a multi-boot system but f**k that!!!! ;)

Last edited:
First question is,

What system do you want to run the VM on? Then you can pick your program, and then version. (Yes I saw Linux, but was not sure if that is what would be installed on the VM or what the VM would be installed on)

i think the workstation version of vmware would be best ;)

if you're going to be installing linux as a guest, I'd go against the windows versions and look at either Xen or VMWare

I swear by VMWare Workstation. It keeps getting better and better. Years ago, before MS bought Virtual PC, I liked Connectix's version of it because at least then I thought it was speedier than VMWare Workstation. Every once and a while I try MS Virtual PC again just to see if it beats VMW's speed and features yet, and so far it still doesn't.

my preference would be for VMWare Workstation.. but Xen is a viable alternative as well.

If you already have a copy of VMWare Workstation (in particular v7 that is supposed on WIndows 7) I would say go with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back