which vid card to get?

J

jkoXP

for best performance in gaming. I have a radeon 64ddr right now, and once i decide one what card to get it will be up for sale, i just do not like the poor driver support with the ATI cards.
which of these cards are the best?

Geforce4 MX 440 128
Geforce3 TI 200 128MB
Geforce4 MX 460

gotta pick from these three...... thanks for the tips

Go with the Geforce 3 Ti200, it's much better than the other 2. I just got a G4 mx440 for my wifes computer and I wasn't impressed with it at all. I have a Geforce 3 in my system and it blows the doors of the G4MX 440

Geforce3 TI 200 128MB...

I was thinking of that, it was the first thing that came to mind, I have heard that the GF 4 MX series cards were not that great at all; while the GF3, I considered buying that for my other PC ( never did ) but I did read some good reviews about it.

I didn't see any difference between the G4 MX440 and a G2 MX400 on most games.

thats what I was thinking also... it will be better then my card I have now anyways, and its only $113

how is Gainward for a brand?

gainward is one of the best.

and i second.. er, third the gf3 ti200.

I would go with Gainward too, they are a pretty good brand. MSI is really nice too, but I don't know if they make that card.

great, this is what I'm ordering:
GAINWARD/CARDEXPERT GeForce 3 Ti200 128MB (NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 GPU), Power Pack Golden Sample, ( 4ns 128MB DDR. ).

$113 at newegg

"GAINWARD/CARDEXPERT GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 3.5ns, 64MB"
$123.00 at newegg.com

tons better for $10 more... please, dear god, get that. at least 50% faster and dx8.1 features.

Originally posted by taurus
$123.00 at newegg.com

tons better for $10 more... please, dear god, get that. at least 50% faster and dx8.1 features.

wow.. i think i'll pick this up then.

$123.00 at newegg.com

well the g4 cards are not dx 8.1....

they are dx 8.0a...

only the radeon 8500 onwards from ATi are 8.1 compatible and higher..

however the g4 ti series is good and the SE cards are clocked higher than the older cards...

If it was me I'd save some money and get a Geforce 4 Ti4400. You will be much impressed with the performance and it will run just about anything you throw at it. You can now get a Leadtek Winfast for 194 on www.newegg.com I recommend newegg. I had a proc/mobo that were DOA and they took them back no ?'s asked.

$123.00 at newegg.com

Pheww that was a close one ;) ... The 4200 would be much better card, not that the G3 ti200 would have been bad by any means.

I agree. The Geforce 4200 is a better card. Phew I'm glad you didn't order it ( GF3 ) , I was scared when reading :)

they are, in fact, directx 8.1... after all, they were released a good 6 months at least after 8.1 came out.

okies :)

I seen articles that say contrary... was going by that...

my bad...

well i odnt want a super vid card. i just want something a little better then what i have now..... I just want some decent for a good price.. and i think the MSI Geforce4 4200 for $130 is a great deal....

Oooh MSI GF 4. I don't know whether you got the 65MD or 128MB edition, but I had both, and they play games VERY well. It's not super awsome, but, it's pretty awsome :)

( had a chance to try out all the GF cards from MSI )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back