Which Service controls the XP visual theme?

BlackScarletLove

I recently noticed a lot of services running on my machine, and in an effort to save resources, disabled a lot of them. I did this all by doing research on each one to see which was necessary, so I didn't think I had done anything out of line, but when I restarted, my XP themes were reverted back to the win98 style, see screenshot.

Does anyone know which of the services provides this style? It's not practical to go through each of them and restart the computer each time...
See screenshot for list of services I've kept enabled, and which I disabled.

Also, strangely, I kept Task Scheduler enabled, but when I restarted it wasn't working, and in the Services tab it now says Stopped. How come? I never disabled it.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• services.jpg
    services.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 166
  • visual.jpg
    visual.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 178
I don't remember which one it is. I think it was "Themes Service".

You want to be careful when turning off services. Not knowing what you are doing will damage your machine and make it non bootable.

That is a great site, chastity. And yes, it is "Themes" service.

Glad you found the site useful and glad you got your issue resolved

It wasn't me who had the issue lol. I don't look for the op of this to post back. I did a google search and found him to be putting the same question on several tech forums.

My mistake, didn't pay much attention to name of the op but either way you found the site to be useful which is the important part

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back