which ps?

dubstar

format c:
300, 350, 400, 450??? i have no clue, what should a gamer use? what should a student use? i searched the archieves and didnt find anything, and i looked on the net, but found a help site, but it wasnt very clear.. can anybody clear the air.. maybe even go as far to make a graph?? :)

All depends on your hardware. You should have atleast a 300 if you are just running 1 HD and maybe a CD and CDRW and no casefans/lights. If you have plans for anything more than this then I would recommend that you just spring for the 450.

i was thinking 1 hdd, 3- 80mm case fans, volcano 9, and swapping the led's to either blue or a olive-ish green.:)

well i can get away with a 250w psu running

athlon xp 1500+ (1333mhz)
256mb sdram
radeon ve 32mb
2 hard drives 7200rpm /5400rpm
a 40x cdrom
and a pioneer dvd /rw

and im running fine

I had loads of problems with a 300w supply before although this was just a cheap one. Since upgraded to a enermax 435 and my system is soo much more stable. i am running

AMD XP2100+
2 7,200 rpm hdd
2 case fans
large heat pipe cpu cooler
two cd drives
and now where it counts lots of cards

Tv card
scsi card
sound card (with front bay)
network card
geforce 3 agp card

more usb ports (4)
with this amount of stuff i needed the extra power.
Dont forget amd reccommend a limit of 300w i would not suggest anything under 350w

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back