Which powertoys version to get?

S

Slickone

M$ updated their powertoys for XP back in April, but from what I've read they removed the ISO Burner and Audio Shell Player and the other ones have only been slightly updated.
So should I just install the old ones? Then maybe just update tweakui (if that's possible)?

This site seems to have the updated ones plus still lists the old ones, but I'm not 100% sure (the date on the top of the page does say their the updated April ones).

Was the alt-tab replacement made any better? I tried the January one awhile back but it was too slow.

u can update individual parts of the powertoys, just go to Microsofts powertoys download site and pick the ones u want.

A colleague of mine suggested that you need to have the English version of XP in order for the PowerToys to work properly. Can anyone concur (sp?) or deny (hopefully) this?

/TT (Using Swedish version)

Or maybe it isn't true. I have no problem getting them to work in the Dutch version. So.... Don't know about Swedish though. Why don't you have a try?

Iceman38, I realize that. I don't really understand how that answers my question.

Thanks

I've installed it on a Swedish version and everything works OK.

OK, if I install the older versions of all the powertoys, is it possible to uninstall only tweakui to install the newer tweakui? The uninstall I saw was only for everything.

What is everyone else doing w/ these?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back