Which P2P is the best?

• Thread starter Powerchordpunk
  • Start date
P

Powerchordpunk

What do you think is the best P2P file sharing network AT THE MOMENT?

none of the above.

Gork & morpheus are still pissing at each other, WinMX is trying to get bugs out of the new beta, Napster is..... well...has...seen better times, so on and so forth.
eDonkey is very good at getting files (if you use the donkeyBOT with it) but is currently having problems with poor download speeds (forget it if you are on dialup).

If they get the speed problems fixed (nobody is quite sure why all of a sudden the speeds have fallen) AND if you take the time to learn how to use it properly (cause it is quirkey) the donkey is a must have for getting certain files.

I think the way to go, for right now is to use 2 or 3 different p2p pgms, depending on your needs. Do not rely on only 1.

You can check out a synopsis of each p2p and Download at
www.unitethecows.com :D

morpheus was good, but since kazaa booted them off the network, the new morpheus is junk, Kazaa is this biggest pile of sh!t ive ever seen, I wont even download it, its filled with so much spyware and other junk its hillarious, the user opinions on download.com for kazza is the best stuff ive read in awhile :), now im using winMX, not the greatest, but also has no spyware or ads and gets the job done.

Bootsey - you're off topic. But check out lavasoftUSA.com for all the info you need on spyware.

As for the P2P debate, I tried blubster (blubster.com) this week and was incredibly impressed by the ease and speed.

Define spyware

SPY: One who keeps secret watch on a person or thing to obtain information.

WARE: Pertaining to or being something that accomplishes a task, esp. pertaining to computer programs or components.

sorry if i seem rude. just tryin to help. It is basically a piece of software, usually bundled with other software, that is loaded or installed without the user's consent or knowledge, displaying ads or gathering personal information to be used exterior to the local machine.

I use Direct Connect , its great!!! You can search other peoples files by connecting to them. i even started my own hub. i think there is no spyware on there too. driect connect has 3 times more data than kazaa and morpheus. they are sharing about 1491.07 TB of data right now.I never had a problem With the program.

You can get Direct Connect at : www.Neo-Modus.com
My Hub is Called: The Drunks
IP:24.151.31.12

Personally I use WinMX for all my music, and eDonkey2000 along with Direct Connect, for all my other stuff...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back