Which OS?

A

A.T

do you recommend me to switch to.
The computer is a 666Mhz Celeron
with 128 mb ram

I recently installed XP on it, but it runs pretty damn slow if you ask me.
I was thinking about installing Millenium again but I dont like that much at all.

Should i stay with XP?

If you have no plans on upgrading the machines specs, I'd stick Windows 2000 on.

It might not have the gloss of xp, but it will run alright. Though more ram should be your top priority :)

Add another 128MB of RAM (for a total of 256MB). Then WinXP will perform MUCH better then only 128MB.

JJB6486

Yeah, if you can add to your RAM, that would be great ... I would suggest continuing with XP then.

If not, I think Windows 2000 would be your best bet. Stick to an NT-based OS ... they are a LOT more stable than the 9x line.

I agree with the other comments, if you added more ram XP would work better, but.....

as your not going to do that, then I would recommend ME or 2000. Alot depends on what your going to use the PC for, as 2000 has all the security you could want, while ME, has all the multimedia support you could want.

by the way, www.techspot.com have a download page with ALL the updates you need for either. (saves time from going to windowsupdate site) :D

LIke all the others have said you need more ram. However in my experience Win2k is as hungry for ram has Win XP is. So if you are not going to get more ram you might want to go back to ME but who wants to go backwards. Just get some more ram and continue forward.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back