Which One Is Better P4 Amdxp?

K

king

IAM PLANNING TO BUY A NEW PROCESSOR. IAM A LITTLE BIT CONFUSED WHAT BRAND TO BUY. WILL I BUY PENTIUM 4 OR AMD AHTLON XP WHICH ONE IS BETTER?

NOW IAM USING AMD AHTLON XP 1.6 I FIND IT OKAY.
SINCE IAM PLANNING TO GET A NEW PROCESSOR FOR A NEW PC. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK ALL OF YOUR OPINOINS REGARDING THIS MATTER. THANK YOU!

STOP SHOUTING,,, WE CAN HEAR YOU!!!

It's pretty hard to beat an Athlon of any kind...
But it's personal preference... Ford vs. Chevy kinda thing...

pound for pound, dollar for dollar, you'll get more than your money's worth with an AMD chip.........last time I had a pentium was back when tyhe 233 reigned supreme! I've never looked back since

If your looking for raw stabiliity, reliability, speed get a Pentium4, if your on a buget get a cheaper AMD, AMD havent released a 2Ghz chip yet, the AMDxp2000 IS NOT 2Ghz, alot of people are confused with the AMD namings, and honestly I dont blame them.

I'm not saying AMDs are bad, but last time I had an Athlon I always had problems, if it wasnt the soundcard crackling it was UDMA not working and dont mention AGP.. i went loopy on that one!!.

I've had my Intel for over a year now and I can honestly, honestly say I havnt had one hardware issue.

Theres alot of hype going around of peoples good overclocking with the P4s and Athlons, Athlons definately like to be overclocked.

At the end of the day its upto you, but just make sure the new PC is going to do what you want and not what the shop thinks you want.

Check any local stores as you might getter a better deal than say going to Dell or HP, building your own is even cheaper and you get WHAT U WANT too.

Stuy_b

Sound card crackling WAS not a cpu problem but a Chipset problem,,, Usual with Via Kt133(a) and SoundBlaster... And AGP?!? The same... No problems now...

That problem is all gone in the new KT266A... The Memory "tweaks" with KT266a is plain awesome... Beyond a P4, even with RAMBUS...

The 2000+ is indeed confusing... but not when you mention the the "2000+" means that the "slower" AMD processor is equivalent of a 2000+mhz Pentium processor...

Right now, i am currently using the athlon xp 2000+, i have had no problems with it. Its really stable, and i havent even had a real problem with cooling on it. Right now, my prossessor is 43 degrees celcius.. kinda hot, but not too bad for shitty cooling. I perfer AMD over intel, mostly because of the price. If you check out the benchmarks between a Pentium 2.2ghz and an AMD athlon XP 2000+ (1.67ghz) it pretty much is the same. There is a few fps difference in most games, but i never saw any difference really above 10 fps. I would go with the AMD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back