Which of these would be a better investment...?

T

Tetherton

I recently bought a Sony VAIO PCG-GRX520 laptop. Overall I am very impressed with the computer. I do alot of gaming and would like a better picture. Would adding more RAM or a better GPU be the way to go. Here are the current specs:

Pentium 4 1.6-Mobility (btw....whats the difference in Mobilitly)
30GB HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 w/32mb DDR SDram
256MB Ram
CD/RW-DVD Combo Drive
Windows XP Home Edition

I am interested in either the ATI Radeon 9000 Mobility or one of the new GeForce4 Mobility series if I go the GPU route. Any opinions would be appreciated...THX all....

i didnt realise u could acctually upgrade such a component in a laptop. I would be inclined to wat for the GF4 mobility range. As the image quality will be as good as the Radeon and the performance will be slightly better than the Radeon also. If you want it now the Rad9000 is not a bad choice and is currently the top mobility graphics chip.

When is the Geforce4 series due out. Also is there any site that you know of that sells the Radeons. I can not find them other than Ebay. Even there they are running arround 200 dollars.

well, i also did not know that you could upgrade a labtop that easily, but if you want to decrease loading times for levels and programs.

get RAM.

if you want to get better and faster graphic then

get a new GPU

currently the best option would be to get a 9000mobility...

the new gf4 mobile solution is based on the gf4 ti series... the 4200 actually...

they are delayed a bit due to various concerns... namely temperature and power draw :)

the new ati solutions should also be coming out soon... based on the new dx9 cores...

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-FXA36, older model than yours and from what I found theres no way to change the video adapter...have you done research? is it possible? i'd like to upfgrade too (if possible)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back