Which Motherboard?

G

Gouk

I'm buidling my own PC and am ordering the parts on Saturday.

I have 3 choices of motherboard:

1) ABIT KR7A-133
2) ABIT KX7-333
3) ASUS A7V333

Which one should I get? I need eXPert opinons only please :)

only expert opinions?

disqualified me.............................................:D

Asus

Asus is always good I guess.
133 sounds wrong on the first one. If you typed it right it could mean 133 MHz memory (SDRAM) in difference to 333 MHz memory (DDR 2700), which in this case would mean "not that one". But the again I don't know any of the boards so I could be wrong.

One word..... ASUS :D

I love mine.

But to be unbiased...Ill look for some reviews and get back to you.(not to imply that I am unbiased.....) :p

-Grinder

Heres some reading for you

Review of the Asus.... HERE

Review of the Abit....HERE

Sorry IT took so long...:cool:

-Grinder

Originally posted by Zedric
133 sounds wrong on the first one. If you typed it right it could mean 133 MHz memory (SDRAM) in difference to 333 MHz memory (DDR 2700), which in this case would mean "not that one". But the again I don't know any of the boards so I could be wrong.

Like Zedric, I thought that was a typo thats why I didnt look for a review for it.

And THIS ...kinda sums it all up.

Hummm after reading those articles..... anyone want to buy a Slightly used Asus A7V266-E? :rolleyes:

-Grinder

I figured that the ASUS A7V333 was the best since its price is more than the other two :rolleyes:

Thx Grinder! Your help was appreciated :)

Originally posted by Zedric

Hehe I never spelt "ABIT KR7A-133 " wrong.

The 133 stands for the ATA133 this board supports whereas the 333 in the others stand for the VIA KT333 chipset :)

Since the ASUS A7V333 has on-board audio is there any point in buying a sound card? I was going to get a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Player but I want to know how much difference its going to make to the sound?

Is it worth getting one?

Well that all depends on what kind of speakers you have.

What u got?:confused:

With that current speaker setup....the onboard sound will be good enough....

Unless you have the surround 4.1 or 5.1 pc speakers, it is not really worth the extra price for the Creative soundcard.

For the record they do make a HUGE difference in games and mp3's...

Not trying to spend your $$$$, just giving you a honest opinion from someone who has spent major $$$$$ testing these theories out.:rolleyes:

-Grinder

Originally posted by Grinder714
With that current speaker setup....the onboard sound will be good enough....

Unless you have the surround 4.1 or 5.1 pc speakers, it is not really worth the extra price for the Creative soundcard.

For the record they do make a HUGE difference in games and mp3's...

Not trying to spend your $$$$, just giving you a honest opinion from someone who has spent major $$$$$ testing these theories out.:rolleyes:

-Grinder

You mean they 'only' make a difference 'if' you have 4.1/5.1 speakers?

Since my system is going to be very sweet and I have got a ton of cash saved up I may as well get the speakers (not those but 5.1 setup) and the soundcard. I might even get a discount :D if I buy all this stuff together :) then there will be no need to hooup to my hi-fi coz its a headache.

Oh yea, the Klipsh is the speakers to have. Even if you can only aford the 2.1 series. You mentioned that you occasionally svideo and audio out. If this doesnt require you to move your entire pc I would look into a 4 channel card. This will let you audio out to your stereo system. GL
As fas as Boards are going today I would wait. Within the next few months we will be seeing usb2.0 and AGP8x intergrated into boards as well as ata133.

There is no point in waiting though. By the time AGP 8x is out they will be announcing AGP 12x Super Turbo==== and then people will be waiting for that.

I dont wanna wait forever :)

Yea dude 4.1-5.1 when you are playing games the sound is TOTALLY different.....

U can actually hear the direction of footsteps, shots, voices....it is a totally different gaming experience....actually gives you a slight advantage.

But I have a SB audigy and Klipsch 4.1. With you current speaker setup you can use what you got, and will never notice the diff.

If you go with he Klipsch 4.1 or 5.1...or any other 4.1/5.1 speakers....go with the SB audigy. (but I recommend the Klipsch THX) :)

-Grinder

The ASUS A7V333 comes with the on-board "C-Media 8738 6-channel PCI audio controller". Is this any good?

Sorry for the obscene amount of questions :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back