Which Motherboard?

CFM= Cubic Feet per Minute....of air that it moves through the hs.

Ill look for a articles on that mem when I am done working in yard :(

Pricewatch has an extensive list of prices for just about every piece of hardware you can imagine. That's where I found all of my equipment. Be sure to take into account the s & h charges. And be sure to check out the company's website. Remember that buying from one place, even though the prices may be a bit higher, can save you money.
Also try:
Royal PC for that A7V333 which can be configured how you want it!

so many questions here ...
in your place i should choose Asus mobo .

Originally posted by a confused Goku
Yes instead of PC2100 RAM I am going for the 333MHz PC2700 RAM.

Also anyone have a site which compares the PC2100 RAM and PC2700 RAM? I would like to see graphs which differenciate the two in terms of performance :)

Its cheaper for me if I buy two 256Mb PC2700 modules as opposed to 1 512Mb PC2700 RAM.

Is there a performance loss using 2x256Mb PC2700 RAM in comparison to 1x512Mb PC2700 RAM which is why the single 512Mb stick is more expensive?

Also what is CFM? Is it to do with Airflow?

The Zalman heatsink is one of the most quiet HSF I have ever heard. One of my friend has one and in 'Silent Mode' its amazing and he also has a Athlon XP2000+ and it cools it well :)

Can someone please answer my questions about RAM :) I didnt order it yet.

Headin out to go drinkin....

But Im sure you can find what you are looking for HERE

What kind of Video Card are you getting dude?

Originally posted by Grinder714
Headin out to go drinkin....

But Im sure you can find what you are looking for HERE

What kind of Video Card are you getting dude?

im not getting one just yet :)

im waiting for the GeForce5 :D

Also thanks for the link :)

Can you answer this mate if your sober enough :)

'Is there a performance loss using 2x256Mb PC2700 RAM modules in comparison to 1x512Mb PC2700 RAM module?'

Ever so Slightly, but nothing you would ever notice.:p

Yep, and stable as a mofo.

Dude u gotta get a video card....get a gf4 4400, or at least a 4200. You will be amazed.

Plus, get a good broadband internet connection, or all this speed wont do much with a 56K connection. :rolleyes:

the ASUS A7V333 and ABIT KX7-333 offer the same performance. both are great brands. the ASUS offers onboard 6-channel sound (not bad quality at all, but i prefer audigy), usb 2.0, and possible raid. don't really consider the KT7A-RAID as it is a kt266a motherboard of yesterday.

333mhz (pc2700) ddr is 25% faster than 266mhz (pc2100)... do the math. don't consider getting a pc2100 memory wth a kt333 board as it would almost defeat the purpose. and 1x512mb dimm is no faster than 2x256mb dimms. they're the same.

Originally posted by a drunk Grinder714 :D
Plus, get a good broadband internet connection, or all this speed wont do much with a 56K connection. :rolleyes:

I 'DO' have broadband :)

and im getting a GeForce5 :D

Originally posted by Goku

I 'DO' have broadband :)

and im getting a GeForce5 :D

I saw that 56k internal pci modem in your stats and figured.......

Is the geforce 5 even on the drawing board? I would be a shame to build a system like that and only have a GF2 in it :rolleyes:

-Grinder

EPOX 8K3A+ as it can actually run 333 RAM at 333 rate without having to crank the FSB to 166 for the CPU.

mmmmmmm epox :D

Originally posted by Goku
Jeez Grinder, your running all that setup on a 300W PSU? :eek:

I'm runing XP 1800 on a Epox 8K3A+ with 6 fans. GF3 running at TI500 speed
allsorts a crap on it and im still on a 250W PSU :D

Only thing i have had to do for 100% stability is overvolt the chip and ram 1 point.

I got a server PSU though so it has the ampage rail and plenty of power outs on it

Time to upgrade it though so 560W here we come :D

Originally posted by Grinder714

I saw that 56k internal pci modem in your stats and figured.......

Is the geforce 5 even on the drawing board? I would be a shame to build a system like that and only have a GF2 in it :rolleyes:

-Grinder

Did you also see this?

RealTek 8139-C 10/100 PCI Network Card ;)

Originally posted by GoNz0
EPOX 8K3A+ as it can actually run 333 RAM at 333 rate without having to crank the FSB to 166 for the CPU.
same with the A7V333 and KX7-333... they're all the same KT333 chipset.

Errps

Well someone had to do it...

I too am buliding a new system and spending WAY too much time reserching it.

I was leaning towards the Asus A7V333 until I read this at Toms hardware review. What wasn't so positive is that Asus still tries to push its way to the top of the benchmark tests by cranking up the FSB clock up to 135 MHz, instead of leaving it at 133 MHz according to specification.

So now its Gigabyte GA-7VRXP which I am still not super happy with because it does not seem to have thermal heat protection as required by AMD as of today June 10th.

So now I am confused again..
I still like Asus... Someone wanna help me with this dilemma ?

As for heatsinks and CPU fans..

I decided on the Swiftech MCX370-0A. It seems the best combo between cooling, noise and weight.

Here are some GREAT CPU Roundups. Please read them and give us your take on it. I actually am totally confused at this point LOL
HELP !!!!!!

1. SocketA Cooler Roundup - Over ClockersAU Org

2. Dan's DEFINITIVE CPU Cooler Roundup

Thanks Guys

jimmy

Dude I would go with the ASUS A7V333 if I were you (well i have :) ) coz its a great board and has very good features.

So what if the board has been overclocked from 133 to 13 by the factory, that can be put back down np

Also in my opinion, the Thermal Heat protection is VERY important and a motherboard needs to have it.

As for the heatsink+fan, I have gone with the Zalman Copper Flower Hearsink coz its a silent cooler and its very very quiet and it looks amazing not to mention it cools a Athlon XP2000+ no problem. I hate fans which sound like a Jet engine, it puts me off my work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back