Which Motherboard?

Hope that helped.....Instead of confused.....:rolleyes:

-Grinder

For you current speaker config....its more than enough.

If you plan on getting a 4.1 or 5.1 set of surround speakers(which it dosnt sound like) that will be more than enough for what you have now.

C-Media is your generic sound....but if you dont have surround speakers, it is all u need.

Originally posted by Goku
Since my system is going to be very sweet and I have got a ton of cash saved up I may as well get the speakers (not those but 5.1 setup) and the soundcard. I might even get a discount :D if I buy all this stuff together :) then there will be no need to hooup to my hi-fi coz its a headache.

Get what you can afford.....The Klipsch are worth the $$$, I trashed my JVC 130 Watt stereo that USED to be down here.

IF you get the Klipsch 5.1 belive me when I say...that will be all you need.

If not Ill buy them off of you.
:D

-Grinder

Well I had my buddy read this Thread, I asked him if he understood the point I was trying to get across.....

I think he put it best when he said:

basically what u r saying, as i would say, is that the C-Media chip on the board is no different than the SB in terms of 2 channel performance and/or with a shit set of a 4 speaker set up, but if u get a high quality (Klipsch) setup, the the Audigy kicks major ass.

BINGO!!, well said Paul. Thanks.

Sometimes simple is good.

-Grinder

hehe thx for the summary Paul ;)

I guess I will go for the Audigy and Klipsch since I also listen to MP3s alot on my PC.

BTW Grinder have you played Counter strike using a 4.1/5.1 setup coz I play that game alot and would like to know your thoughs on how it sounds :D

hehe thx for the summary Paul ;)

I guess I will go for the Audigy and Klipsch since I also listen to MP3s alot on my PC.

BTW Grinder have you played Counter strike using a 4.1/5.1 setup coz I play that game alot and would like to know your thoughs on how it sounds :D

Yea, will make your nipples hard....the duel 8" sidefiring 200W subwoofer(think its 300W for the 5.1's).....ahhhh, I am expecting my neighbors to call the cops on me any day now. :rolleyes:

Hope you live alone......My wife loves these speakers :eek:

Originally posted by Grinder714
Hope you live alone......My wife loves these speakers :eek:

Grinder714, the Klipsch salesman of the year ;)

Seriously though I really like the specs of them and the dark look of them. Gotta get me some of those.

Great, thanks for the advice :)

One more thing:

Do you think the ThermalTake Volcano 7+ Vari Speed is enough to cool a Athlon XP 2000+ ? and are the ThermalTake loud?

Grinder714, the Klipsch salesman of the year ;)

Seriously though I really like the specs of them and the dark look of them. Gotta get me some of those.

Great, thanks for the advice :)

One more thing:

Do you think the ThermalTake Volcano 7+ Vari Speed is enough to cool a Athlon XP 2000+ ? and are the ThermalTake loud?

Yea it cools it...and as far as noise.....If I could do it all over again, if you not going to overclock go with the stock fan, if you are going to overclock go with the volcano 7+. To tell you the truth, it is not too loud on low, or medium....but on high, it sounds like a Fu**in hair dryer. AMD XP's run warm so dont be suprised when it runs at 51-53 C...but they do smoke right along. :) (dusts the pent at the 2.0gh ...ran some tests on 2 identical pc's 2.0 gh pent and 2000+ xp ath...and dusted it) sorry pent fans :mad:

to make a long story short, stock fan is enough if you are not going to overclock.....if you are going to overclock, go with the volc.

On retail yes......which you can order from www.newegg.com

and heres the specs.... Price: $163.00

AMD ATHLON XP 2000+/266 FSB PROCESSOR CPU - RETAIL BOX 2000+/ 1.67GHz, BOX2000DMT3C. 3 Years Warranty. The AMD Athlon XP processor with QuantiSpeed architecture powers the next generation in computing platforms, delivering extra performance for cutting-edge applications and an extra-ordinary computing experience.world's highest overall performing PC processor.
Specifications:
CPU: 1.67 GHz
Type: 2000 XP
Cache: 256K
BUS: 266MHz
Socket A (PGA) Retail(Box with Heatsink and Fan)

Ah... thats ok then since AMD are shipping the stock fan with the CPU, its bound to be made to cool the CPU properly.

Now I have a question about Hard Drives (when are the questions gonna stop? :D)

Which hard drive do you recommend?

I am currently thinking of getting the "120GB Maxtor D540X ATA133"

What is your opinion on this?

I have already had 1 maxtor fail on me and i have heard that Maxtors are known to fail fast. is this true?

I've decided to get this freaky HSF

Its CFM is 'only' 35!! Incredible.

Look at the pic :)

I've decided to get this freaky HSF

Its CFM is 'only' 35!! Incredible.

Look at the pic :)

WTF is that??!!!!:confused:

I hope that was just a Joke.

Anyhow, about the hard drive, you should consider getting a slightly smaller hd that runs at 7200Rpm vs. that 120 gb maxtor running at 5400. The faster it spins, the faster it cad retrive data off of the disk.

HERE Are the various Maxtor models at newegg.com(where I constantly order from)

As far as Maxtors failing fast....I hope not my system has 2 of them. :rolleyes:

-Grinder

I think everyone has thier own opinion on hard drives. I have had several maxtor and loved em. Definately opt for the Diamond Max Plus. These are the fast of their offerings. The Western Digital WD1200JB is the IDE drive everyone wants today offering 8meg cache and 7200rpm.
It all depends on what you are gonna be doing with your computer. You can pick up good 20-30gig 7200rpm ata100 drives for right below the $100 mark. And for your next question, definately a GF4 4200, cheaper by %50 than a 4600 with just a 15-20% loss in performance. GL

Goku, I've got a ASUS A7V333-RAID on the way, with a Athlon XP 1900+ w/ a Volcano 7 and 512 megs Samsung PC2700 DDR. I can't wait to get it. I've read tons of reviews, and don't think you'd be dissapointed. Sorry for the late post, but I've been out and about lately!

Yes instead of PC2100 RAM I am going for the 333MHz PC2700 RAM.

Also anyone have a site which compares the PC2100 RAM and PC2700 RAM? I would like to see graphs which differenciate the two in terms of performance :)

Its cheaper for me if I buy two 256Mb PC2700 modules as opposed to 1 512Mb PC2700 RAM.

Is there a performance loss using 2x256Mb PC2700 RAM in comparison to 1x512Mb PC2700 RAM which is why the single 512Mb stick is more expensive?

Also what is CFM? Is it to do with Airflow?

The Zalman heatsink is one of the most quiet HSF I have ever heard. One of my friend has one and in 'Silent Mode' its amazing and he also has a Athlon XP2000+ and it cools it well :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back