Which Motherboard & Video Card is best?

E

ECO

Motherboards:

MSI 875P NEO-FIS2R vs. Abit AB-IC7-MAX3 vs. ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE

Video Cards:

ATI PowerColour Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB vs. ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB (roughly same price)

Which is the best in each category? The goal is maximum performance for a gamer pc.

if you can get the msi 865pe neo2 fisr like mine you are all set... the only difference is that the 875 == registered memory... else everythng else is same and the neo2 has PAT (or as msi calls it... DOT)

I bought my board based on comparitive performance between each (checks toms for review of the motherboard) it is finicky but if you supply it with ddr3200 along with 800fsb (ie a C processor) it is faster in comparative tests to the abit or asus... though they have a good reputation and are fast as well... the msi board just comes with more stuff for less...

as for gfx card.. the 128 mb sapphire :)

the 256mb doesnt make much difference on that level card and powercooler has been known to occasionaly use cheaper components on its pcb's... if you feel you need the extra mem and since price is close... you can always go with the powercooler...

Originally posted by Chastity
actually there is a version of the I875 chipset from Intel that doesn't need the registered memory.

Intel I875 chipset based board that doesn't need registered memory

details about the memory you can use with the chipset in question

scroll down till you find the heading System Memory Features

yes but most good fabs make 865PE's that come with PAT (renamed of course) so there is no need to purchase an 875..

the intel based mobo's are not as overclocker friendly and the other boards do contain a lot of really good features...

True but I've had great luck with Intel boards but then again I'm not an overclocker so I'm for looking for the best stable/value I can find and for the most part Intel boards provide that. Though I thought the 875PBZ was designed with gamers in mind but maybe I miss read that story or it change between then and when the board came out

Originally posted by Chastity
True but I've had great luck with Intel boards but then again I'm not an overclocker so I'm for looking for the best stable/value I can find and for the most part Intel boards provide that. Though I thought the 875PBZ was designed with gamers in mind but maybe I miss read that story or it change between then and when the board came out

I am sure intel makes some boards geared to oc'ing... thats why PAT exists in part...

still the 865's from other companies allow PAT and are cheaper and have more features... so why not buy them ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back