Which Mobo?

BATTLE

OSNN Newbie
Hello peeps,I have just purchased a new mobo MSI 865NPE NEO-2.I had the option of another board which is the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.My m8 said I should've went for the ASUS mobo instead.What I would like to know if anyone can help is did I choose the right board for future upgrading cpu etc.
I dont really know much about mobo's and I dont really know what Im looking for, any help would be much appreciated.
Thx

:)

Couldn't find the specs for that exact model Battle - I looked at 865PE Neo-2 on the MSI site.

Your m8 has a point... but both boards are similar. I would have gone with the ASUS as well.

It's supporting the 875 chipset, while the MSI is 865PE
Seems like you can pretty much put the same parts in both though... so you are probably alright with your selection.

Thx for the reply Mastershakes the exact spec of the mobo is MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R, I've been trying find the difference between the between the 865 and 875 chipsets aswell and there dosnt seem to be that much (if any)difference but I think I'll go back to the shop tomorrow and see if I can swap it for the ASUS.

:)

Yeah, ASUS rox. Only problem I've had with them is I had to disable onboard sound and onboard LAN ---- I just put in PCI cards to satisfy those needs. I'm using an older board - P4S533

The MSI is a tad better than the asus but you cant go wrong with either of them.

865 = underclocked 875 that can be unlocked using certain bioses.

Lord

I think that unlocking trick got "locked out" by Intel the last time they redid the masks on the 865 chipset.

Intel was very PO'd at the MB makers for figuring it out so some MB manufacturers stopped building it in. ASUS and gigabyte supported the chipset crack. Not sure about MSI, it's been over a year I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back