Which Mobo?

BATTLE

OSNN Newbie
Hello peeps,I have just purchased a new mobo MSI 865NPE NEO-2.I had the option of another board which is the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.My m8 said I should've went for the ASUS mobo instead.What I would like to know if anyone can help is did I choose the right board for future upgrading cpu etc.
I dont really know much about mobo's and I dont really know what Im looking for, any help would be much appreciated.
Thx

:)

Mastershakes

OSNN Veteran Addict
Couldn't find the specs for that exact model Battle - I looked at 865PE Neo-2 on the MSI site.

Your m8 has a point... but both boards are similar. I would have gone with the ASUS as well.

It's supporting the 875 chipset, while the MSI is 865PE
Seems like you can pretty much put the same parts in both though... so you are probably alright with your selection.

BATTLE

OSNN Newbie
Thx for the reply Mastershakes the exact spec of the mobo is MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R, I've been trying find the difference between the between the 865 and 875 chipsets aswell and there dosnt seem to be that much (if any)difference but I think I'll go back to the shop tomorrow and see if I can swap it for the ASUS.

:)

Mastershakes

OSNN Veteran Addict
Yeah, ASUS rox. Only problem I've had with them is I had to disable onboard sound and onboard LAN ---- I just put in PCI cards to satisfy those needs. I'm using an older board - P4S533

The MSI is a tad better than the asus but you cant go wrong with either of them.

865 = underclocked 875 that can be unlocked using certain bioses.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Lord

I think that unlocking trick got "locked out" by Intel the last time they redid the masks on the 865 chipset.

Intel was very PO'd at the MB makers for figuring it out so some MB manufacturers stopped building it in. ASUS and gigabyte supported the chipset crack. Not sure about MSI, it's been over a year I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut