Which mobo?

U

UofEEE

I'm building my dad a new computer, so I need to know, what do you guys reccomend?
GA-7VRXP Rev. 2.0-or-GA-7VAXP?
I'll be using PC2700 memory either way. The mobo will likely end up in my computer since the mobo I have has a warranty at a local shop (since I'm at college, it's no use to me!). But I'll probibly be looking to set up a RAID array in the future as well as upgrading to the Barton core processors (when and if they come out).
Opinions? Thanks in advance!

GA-7VRXP Rev. 2.0-.

I have this board, and it works.

:::eek:pens case, grounds oneself, and hugs mobo :::

rev 2.0; I find it to be flawless, I had the first version, and that was screwy, but this one works awsome now. Stable, and comes with a really cool " Oh i am so overclockable " factor. Get that board, you'll be satisfied.

why is that when I make an " O " it makes that face. err

if they're about the same price, i'd probly opt for the 7VAXP... gives you onboard firewire and agp 8x. the 7VRXP doesn't have anything over the 7VAXP except it has proven to be just about the best kt333 board you can get. the new kt400 7VAXP has yet to build a reputation, but i'm sure it will be great as well.

" it has proven to be just about the best kt333 board you can get "

That's right :)

:::hugs mobo again :::
I saw if you are going to get something higher then pc2700 memory, go with the 7vaxp, or wait till they release a new version of it, a revision, if at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back