Which laptop is the best one?

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
Which of these laptops should i get....was looking for a website to compare them all but didnt find anything..

any help would be much appreciated

The Laptops

Acer Aspire 5613AWLMi 15.4" Laptop

NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7300
160GB hard disk drive
2 x 1024 Mb of DDR2 533 / 667 MHz memory (2GB)
Intel Core Duo 1.66Ghz

Sony VAIO N31M/W 15.4" Laptop

Intel Graphics Media Accellerator
120GB
Memory 1024 Mb (2 X 512) (1GB)
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo 1.73Ghz

Sony VAIO N21E/W 15.4" Laptop

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
120Gb
Memory 1024Mb
Intel Core Duo Processor 1.73Ghz

HP Pavillion DV6355 15.4" Laptop

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400
160GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm
1024MB (2 x 512MB)
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.60Ghz

Samsung R40 FY07/SUK 15.4" Laptop

ATI Radeon X1250M
120GB SATA 5400RPM
Memory 2GB
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.73Ghz

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 1718 Laptop

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M with up to 256MB HyperMemory™
120GB SATA
2048MB (2 x 1024MB)
Intel® Core™2 Duo 1.73Ghz

All Laptops Running Windows Vista Home Premium

Last edited:
I wanted a Fujitsu laptop for a long time -- they always appeared to be high-quality and often received very high reviews. I'm not a fan of Sony and its proprietary, DRM trojan-installing methods, so I wouldn't support their products personally. :) I've been impressed with the newer HP offerings so that might be a good option, too. As for Acer, I've long associated them with more budget (read: cheap) products and probably wouldn't heavily consider a laptop from them. I haven't looked at Samsung laptops before, but I love the TVs they produce so I'm sure the thing has a good display, at least.

So those are my thoughts based on brand alone. Have you checked CNET for reviews of those models individually?

I think the best place to start is to try and define what you will be using the laptop for now, and what you may use it for within the useable life. Once you know what that is, you can more clearly identify what you will need in a laptop with regards to hardware and budget.

They are all relatively the same price..my budget..
I want it to play some old games (san andreas, hl2, halo ect)....run apps well....run vista well...to not be slow or lagging....to watch videos....for school.

I've added the basic specs of the laptops with my first post....just to give a rough idea of what they are like. :)

I like the Fujitsu as well.

As for HP it always seems that their battery life is never any good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back