Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BEARSHARE

• IMESH

• Total voters

binoyxj

PrOuD InDiAn
Hey which is the fastest P2P client according to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont use any of those!!!! YUK!! utorrent and peer guardian...makes for happy faces!

small.... fast..... and it doesn't require crap-tacular Java to be installed and running.

small.... fast..... and it doesn't require crap-tacular Java to be installed and running.
x2

i used azureus for a year or two and recently switched over to utorrent. much better... smaller, faster, simpler, and actually had some features azureus didn't like the speed graph and scheduling. well, azureus might of had those, but i never came across them in the myriad of menu options.

It really depends on your download speed.
Go for uTorrent, and then search on torrent sites for whatever you want to download.
I would recommend www.torrentz.com as it searches all the major trackers.

utorrent and ipfilter :p

yes & yes :)

Using P2P is not a very good idea. in fact, its asking for trouble. in fact, those apps are loaded with ad, and spyware.

so to answer .....none... for all that was mentioned :smoker:

hmm...which is fastest.

what i use depends on what i'm looking for.
i use utorrent for most things. movies, programs, tv shows, etc.
i use emule for individual songs and stuff thats harder to find and get from the various torrent trackers i visit.

i'm sure all of those will be the same speed. i doubt any of them are faster then other programs. it all depends on where you get the file from and your connection. every p2p program i've used (dating from when kazaa was first introduced) has maxxed out my downstream with ease.

Another vote for bittorrent. Personally: DD-WRT mod for my router (WRT54GS) to use Quality of Service settings, so I can surf and game without interference downloading. And uTorrent as my client.

i use tomato on my router :)
That's a neat little firmware.

After months of eye balling a Linksys/Linux combo, I finally got my hands on an older WRT54GS and put on DD-WRT v23 sp2. Loving it so far.

For those interested...read on...

I, myself, use limewire for certain files, but I have friends who use emule because Asian oriented sites tend to prefer the program. I think that both programs are similar in speeds. If you really want fast speeds, I think you should use bittorrent.

As for the bittorrent applications, Azureus is a great bittorrent application for advanced users. Although, the addition of Vuze may have been a bit too much because Vuze is really just adding more bulk to a very bulky application. Azureus will consume a large part of your memory while it is open and running. I recently switched to utorrent, and although it does not beat Azureus in the looks category, it is definitely on par with Azureus in the capabilities. Another great thing about utorrent is that the size of the program is ridiculously small, so it is a amazing program to enjoy at very little cost.

Carpo: uuh.... i guess you missed where it specifically mentioned "services like LimeWire and eDonkey."? there's one advantage to the majority of websites where torrents can be aquired over that of any file sharring app. it's those little things called comments, and also the ability to remove the torrent from circulation should something such as a virus be discovered in an associated file. You're also more likely to be able to avoid fake files due to the ability for people to comment on those files.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back