Which is the best Nforce2 Mobo?

D

Digerati

Currently running an Epox 8rda+ rev 1.1 mobo.

Got someone who is gonna buy it and am now looking to get a new ony for myself.

Just wondering what everyone considers the best Nforce2 mobo out there.

Thanks!

I've always consided Epox mobos on top ... whould be a good decision on upgrade .

I got one of the Asus A7N8X version 1 boards, a very good one

I have only heard great things about the nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset.
Check this one out, its made by MSI.

my major gripe with the nforce2 boards that these manufacturer's put out is that they disable the awesome soundstorm audio and slap on their own puny realtek or c-media sound. i really have no idea why they do this... maybe they have some sort of deal with realtek or c-media or they just think having 6.1 is THAT much better than the 5.1 soundstorm that comes with the MCP-T. :huh:

the only two boards i found that come with the soundstorm audio are asus' and abit's. but if this means nothing to you, then disregard me. :D

Originally posted by Geffy
I got one of the Asus A7N8X version 1 boards, a very good one

I have that same board, Extremely reliable overall the best out there (except the deluxe of course ;))

so the asus a7n8x comes with the soundstorm enabled? (or is it just the deluxe?) and does the abit nf7-s come with soundstorm sound as well? just wanting to make sure since i only have an old soundblaster live!value, wouldn't mind the top quality sound on board.

also, do either of these boards support temp readings from the thermistor on the chip as opposed to the socket? or somewhere else?

Originally posted by Digerati
so the asus a7n8x comes with the soundstorm enabled? (or is it just the deluxe?) and does the abit nf7-s come with soundstorm sound as well? just wanting to make sure since i only have an old soundblaster live!value, wouldn't mind the top quality sound on board.

also, do either of these boards support temp readings from the thermistor on the chip as opposed to the socket? or somewhere else?

my point was that the Abit NF7-S and Asus A7N8X Deluxe seem to be the only two boards i found that come with nvidia's SoundStorm audio enabled. the A7N8X (non-deluxe) has a realtek alc650 chip on it. :rolleyes:

i don't know about the temperature reading thing. those kinds of things are harder to get straight answers on. i would like to know, myself.
:)

Originally posted by Digerati

I have the A7N8X Deluxe and am using the SoundForce audio right now. (SoundStorm is actually a more general name encompassing the audio and other performance enhancements)

Also yes, it does have the CPU and System thermistors
afaik, the AthlonXP cpus dont have an internal thermistor which can be read by the mother board, but then I have been wrong before

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back