Which is my sound card?

• Thread starter bareznacoff
  • Start date
B

bareznacoff

When I go into my Sounds and Audio Devise Properties, there are several listed. Which one is my system sound card? And how can I find out if I can update the driver?

* MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
* Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
* Intel(r) 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller
* Legacy Audio Drivers

Intel(r) 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller is your basic sound card the only thing is its onboard the motherboard. As to going about updating the driver I'm not real sure as I generally don't mess with onboard sound.

If it's onboard sound, the drivers that Windows install should be good enough, but you could always go check the site of your motherboard manufacturer and see if there's an update.l

the defaults are no where near good enough ....... I spent alot of time looking for good ac97's and the ones I posted are great

I haven't had any problems with my sound, I actually have very good sound. My concern is having up to date drivers for current games specs. example: the techs at eidos sent me back a recommendation on updating my sound card and video card (belarc advisor report I sent them) However I can play the game fine with great video and sound quality. The problem was it crashes to the desktop which is a common problem many people are having even with the top notch cards.
I do have direct X8.1. Now how that correlates to my sound card driver I'm not sure.

thanks for the replys. I've never acquainted myself well with the sound card aspects of my system. I've changed my video card drivers several times, but couldn't figure out the sound for the life of me..

Kermit the Realtec driver works great.. thanks..

hey great!!

Yes for me too I had looked for a good set for a long time and that set fixed it all for me too, was having trouble with sound until I found that ...... good to hear your all set as well:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back