Which is Faster

S

SeeKerS

I was wondering, is there any big difference between a 40 gig 52000 rpm to a 40 gig 72000 rpm. If so was there any big significance.

I used to have a 5400 rpm disk drive, but I noticed a very significant speed boost when I bought my 7200 rpm vroomer :p

I would suggest that you buy a 7200 rpm drive, coz the read speed is noticeable faster.

My suggestion is a Western Digital Caviar 120GB IDE 7200RPM
Special Edition 8MB cache WD1200JB! You get smaller Hds from the same brand, either with less space or less cache, but then again the price is cheaper!

LightWave

If you want speed at an affordable price, go with the IBM GXP 120 available in 5 different sizes up to 120G. Can be gotten for around $100.00 in the 60G size on-line. I have had hard drive scores of 1200+ on PCMark 2002 running ATA-100 with XP Pro. I know earlier GXP's have had some problems but the GXP 120's have been true performers.:)

From my understanding the seek time of a 7.2k drive is less... It should have no bearing on the tranfer rate... ATA100 is ATA100,,, Unless you switch brands and models...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back