Which is better??

D

DrX

Personally i would not go near an IBM drive, I have had nothing but problems with my IBM's... sent back 4 drives so far

My maxtors are great i recommend them......

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
I've never personally owned one, but I have heard IBMs have very crappy quality control, and they have a huge RMA rate.

I am running Dual 40GB Maxtors in RAID in a server at work, running for 140 days without a hitch.

I use Western Digitals in my home machine. They work great too.

JJB6486

IBM GXP Problems: The Truth Exposed and Possible Fixes
Published: 12/02/2002
Author: Cameron Wilmot

For months now users of IBM manufactured hard disk drives based on the Deskstar 60GXP and 75GXP models have been experiencing substantial frequent fail rates and data loss – Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot recently fell victim himself and suggsts what the problem may be, and possible solutions!

more----> http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=article&dId=180

:cool:

Z

ZipTriX

Thank you!! I was thinking highly about IBM, then saw the new Maxtors. Currently I have Western Digitals, and well this will be the second time replacing them within a year. Thank you for saving me a headache of going through crappy hard drives.

E

eGoalter

maxtor.all the way

its a well known fact that maxtor are the best, and most reliable.
thats all i have ever used i have never had 1 problem,unless you count the time i tried to shove one in a cramped floppy bay. that was my bad......lol:D

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
My IBM just crapped out on me the other day. Actually it "developed" a bad cluster, but now I don't trust it. With my luck the next bad cluster will appear on the most important piece of data on my drive. :mad:

This kinda sucks too because back when I bought it I did research to find the best preformance/reliability drive on the market (that wasn't SCSI).

Well, I just got a Maxtor 80G so I'll see how that works for me.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut