which is best??

F

fitfella29

768 mb unbranded pc2100 / 512 mb Corsair DDR XMS2700

it`s to go in the asus A7V333 board.

I would go with the Corsair memory for sure. Unbranded memory is cheezy sometimes, and, corsair is plain cool.
Also, pc2100 is slow for your board, which I think is a KT333 board. Get PC2700 memory for that for best performance.

512 MB Corsair XMS2700

unless u do alot of open big applications at same time, like Photoshop, Office, Graphics stuff, etc.

cool.gif

Corsair. I believe they have the better RAM, if you can afford it.

Originally posted by Funky Dredd
What about crucial!!!! :D
Click the link and support the site! :D

right I forgot, click the link and buy from Crucial, best memory really

cool.gif

i just got 512mb pc133 cl2 memory from crucial 36 hours after ordering it. total came to $57 and change, too. very pleased. memory is top-notch.

what about rambus ram? i looked at the 800mhz and the 1066 mhz

what makes rambus so much better?
its for my new p4 2.8

I don't think I will work with his board. I believe that rambus ram works only with rambus intended boards.

OCZ!!!!!!! pc 3200!!! pshhhh crusial corsair HA!!

yah I got all 3 in my pc :) mismatched like a mofo but owell it all works at cl2 and can get it to about 160mhz

didnt have any corsair in stock so ive ordered 1 x 512mb and 1 x 256mb crucial 2700.

windows xp home
amd athlon xp 2000+
768mb crucial 2700 ddr
asus a7v333 motherboard
leadtek gf4 ti4400 128mb ddr
80gb 7200rpm maxtor
60gb 7200rpm maxtor
lg 16x dvd
philips 48x/16x/48x CD-RW
sony DVD+RW/+R & CD-RW Drive
19" lg flatron 915ft plus
Logitech Dual Optical mouse
creative sound blaster audigy soundcard
creative inspire 5300 five point surrounds
belkin 4-Port Cable/DSL Gateway Router
realtek 10/100 family fast ethernet nic
cable modem 1mbps

ordered the 512mb from crucial for £136 and the 256mb from overclockers.co.uk for £71

Crucial memory rocks...I had PNY memory in my other rig..never again. I'll go with Kingston/Crucial/Corsair anyday.

corsair, crucial and mushkin are all pretty much the same...

only thing that corsair CLAIMS it does is pick the best of each yield and make sure it works and then for the XMS modules that are cas2... they add passive heatsinks...

I have crucial... 1 gig of it, and it is cooled with thermaltake passive coolers... its brilliant..

the cas latency does not make a huge difference... what it REALLY stands out in is the initial access to the memory...cas2 is a tiny bit faster than cas2.5... however once memory is accessed there is no difference in speed if both memory modules are ddr2700...

can't go wrong buying any of the memory I mentioned...all are good... all have good warranties and you can even add samsung to that list... they also make very good memory modules... I think the worlds largest manufacturer... :)

just recieved my new memory today not bad going since i only ordered it yesterday morning,well done crucial!

windows xp home
amd athlon xp 2000+
768mb crucial 2700 ddr ram
assus a7v333 motherboard
leadtek gf4 ti4400 128mb ddr
80gb 7200rpm maxtor
60gb 7200rpm maxtor
lg 16x dvd
philips 48x/16x/48x CD-RW
sony DVD+RW/+R & CD-RW Drive
19" lg flatron 915ft plus
Logitech Dual Optical mouse
creative sound blaster audigy soundcard
creative inspire 5300 five point surrounds
belkin 4-Port Cable/DSL Gateway Router
realtek 10/100 family fast ethernet nic
cable modem 1mbps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back