Which hard drive?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
what make do people suggest to go for now a days, it looks as if my other 400gb hdd in the server is about to die, and im going to have to replace it aa the clicking on the 2 bad sectors is giving me i/o errors now :(

2X WDC Raptor in RAID 0 for system. Seagate 500GB, 750GB, or 1TB for data.

too dear found 320gb hdds for 54£ :) - and not too sure what the board can see - M2N-SLI Deluxe - have looked but cant see anything

The board now days dont matter they all handle large drives ...

seagate = reliabilty
samsung = quietest
maxtor = cheap/unreliable
WD = expensive/unreliable/noisey

samsung = quietest - they are the ones that died - ecc errors, have found some 500gb hdds for about 65£ each - oem no box or anything but thats fine :)

See if you can still send em back for their warrantee and get a new hard drive shipped to you.

I have had a few hard drives die, I send em to Seagate/Maxtor/Samsung/WD and I get a new drive back in a few days. Really awesome.

I prefer Seagate hard drives myself for the reliability.

was got through a 3rd party and hes no longer about, so im boned :(

X is right, whatever you do get one with a good warrany behind it, I just when threw a 500 gig drive from seagate that wasn't 6 month old, sent it back, should have it on Monday, purchased a samsung, 500 gig, very quiet, reliabitity so far. I was a stone seagate fan until that brand drive die, when this one come back I'm goimg to put it to the test, good luck with your choice Carpo.

well the ones im looking at are oem drives from novatech - and seeing as 2x400gb samsung hdds died in just over the 6 month mark of me having them i wont be getting samsung again

Another for Seagate

I was WD but they do have many problems. I have a SATA 500GB Seagate right now and I love it. I am actually going to pick up another for backup. It's only $100 retail.

was got through a 3rd party and hes no longer about, so im boned :(

So? Go to the website for the manufacturer, find the warrantee service and send it back. I have bought many hard drives OEM and box retail and all of them have at one point or another been returned and a new drive has been sent back to me.

I got two of the Seagate 7200.11 32MB cache 1TB drives. Things are ****ing fast as hell!!!!

thinking of getting 2x500

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA II 7200rpm 8Mb Cache 11ms 300Mb/s - £63.45 inc vat

all i can afford :(

Last edited:
That is perfect, exactly what I have. Though I might need to get the 1TB drives soon, the way I am using space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back