Which firewall works well with Xp Pro?

S

soup-nazi

Hi,
In everyones experience with Win Xp Pro, which firewall or firewall / virus protection works the best with the above Op system?

Is there a firewall that can and does work in harmony with Xp's own firewall and Norton 2002 antivirus? Is that possible?

At the moment Iam using 2002 norton antivirus and Z/A Standard.
But I do not feel @ ease with this combo as I know that Z/A is not reg every ping or probe that takes place.
The reason I know this is I ran a security check on my computer from another one with some very surprising results.

So in my view, us the ppl who use these apps have the best knowledge when it comes to how they perform. Which is why I ask my Q to everyone here.

Thanks for reading this and for hopefully giving me some extra knowledge..............

;)

I use NAV2002 and Zone Alarm Pro 2.6.357 and am very happy with both .......

ZAP is great if you configure it correctly ........ i have lots of attacks also due to being on a LAN , and have never had any problems blocking them out

I honestly dont know any combination which is better

... I dont run XP built in firewall :eek:

Originally posted by max
I use NAV2002 and Zone Alarm Pro 2.6.357 and am very happy with both .......

ZAP is great if you configure it correctly ........ i have lots of attacks also due to being on a LAN , and have never had any problems blocking them out

I honestly dont know any combination which is better

... I dont run XP built in firewall :eek:

Thanks Max..................Btw how do I uninstall the built in firewall?

Thanks once again Max for the info.

I personally use sygate personal firewall, works great and it's free!
as far as turning off the firewall in xp, go into Control Panel>Click on Network Connections and Internet Connections>click on Network connections> right click on your connection, select Properties. click on the Advanced tab, uncheck the box-hit ok

If you have nortons anti-virus, use nortons personal firewall.

I have both and have a broadband connection. There have been some attacks but nothing got through.

You get free updates for a year and cheap upgrades if you want them. Its easy to install and easy to configure....

good luck

Medic6666

Thanks Medic6666, Max, Polaris.........Thanks for the info.

I may just try sygate................Polaris which antivirus do you use in conjection with Sygate????

Thanks Guys..........................:D

hmm

The firewall that comes with Xp...is great..you dont need anything else..

tests i have seen ..showing that the integrated Firewall in Xp is dead secure-- Nothing 2 worrie about there..

If you dont wanna use that..i will give my vote for blackIce FireWall..

LightWave

Zone Alarm Pro, Norton Antivirus 2002, Adaware all work fine here.

NAV 2k2 ROX!!! and its not free updates for a year, its forever....just re-install it and re-register and it starts from day 0...lol...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back