which firewall is better?

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

i was thinking of installing one just in case. which one outthere is good?

I prefer Norton Internet Security 2002, but then again, I am partial to any product carrying the Norton/Symantec name. NIS2002 is very easy to setup and use. It is also very informative.

Originally posted by mafiafromrussia
i was thinking of installing one just in case. which one outthere is good?

Well you will get lots of answers to this question but I personaly prefer Zone Alarm. And the new Zone Alarm blocks ads and popups when surfing the net too.

But there are others out there that work just as good.

Try using the forum search and you should come up with quite a few threads regarding firewalls and such. That way we don't need another thread going over all the firewalls again heheh

I don't know how good you are with this stuff, but I'm a "newbie". Whenever I try a new program "ease of use" and "simplicity" are biggies for me.

I've tried ZoneAlarm. Maybe I'm a little slow, but I found it confusing and more trouble than I felt like messing with.

I also think anything from "Symantec/Norton's" is great. I have NSW 2002, but didn't get the Internet Security extra. I'm cheap too.

I didn't get the extra's because I'd found "Sygate's Personal Firewall". I love it. It's a free download, easy to install, easy to configure (practically setup and forget), works great!. I checked it at the Symantec site for vunerabilities, it passed with flying colors. Did I mention it was free too!

Sygate's Personal Firewall is the best out there especially if you buy the Pro version

I prefer Norton Internet Security 2002 , i cannot change your opinion but u may try it :p

i try norton's firewall first and then Sygate's if i'm not satisfied with norton. thanks for help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back