• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

which firewall is better?

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I prefer Norton Internet Security 2002, but then again, I am partial to any product carrying the Norton/Symantec name. NIS2002 is very easy to setup and use. It is also very informative.

D

DoubleClick

Originally posted by mafiafromrussia
i was thinking of installing one just in case. which one outthere is good?
Well you will get lots of answers to this question but I personaly prefer Zone Alarm. And the new Zone Alarm blocks ads and popups when surfing the net too.

But there are others out there that work just as good.

Try using the forum search and you should come up with quite a few threads regarding firewalls and such. That way we don't need another thread going over all the firewalls again heheh

A

Armis36

I don't know how good you are with this stuff, but I'm a "newbie". Whenever I try a new program "ease of use" and "simplicity" are biggies for me.

I've tried ZoneAlarm. Maybe I'm a little slow, but I found it confusing and more trouble than I felt like messing with.

I also think anything from "Symantec/Norton's" is great. I have NSW 2002, but didn't get the Internet Security extra. I'm cheap too.

I didn't get the extra's because I'd found "Sygate's Personal Firewall". I love it. It's a free download, easy to install, easy to configure (practically setup and forget), works great!. I checked it at the Symantec site for vunerabilities, it passed with flying colors. Did I mention it was free too!

M

mafiafromrussia

i try norton's firewall first and then Sygate's if i'm not satisfied with norton. thanks for help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies