• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

which encoding type for PGSQL?

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
i have found that using UTF8 causes a few of the webscripts to crap out with byte encoding errors, yet if i use the default option of LATIN when the db is created all is fine, yet i notice that the default db made by pgsql uses SQL_ASCII, which would people suggest to use, obviously UTF8 isnt and option because of the issue above, should i leave it as the default of LATIN and get on with it or try SQL_ASCII and see what happens.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/multibyte.html - i have tried reading that, but its still not clear, well not as clear, clearer than it was :D

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
UTF8 not an option as it kicks out - might have to go with mysql anyway as the ftp prg im using dont seem to like pgsql :( and i cant really see the point of having 2 dbs installed on here.

edit: i wonder if its because the sql from the ftp prog made it SQL_ASCII could explain the probs im having, time to investigate :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies