Which Drive Would You Prefer?

P

paul_43

Which Drive Would You Buy For Performance For Reasonable Price?

IBM

Western Digital

Maxtor

Segate

I have IBM ones and WD ones.. generally I like the IBM ones better... a lot better...

I like WD Drives. Pretty cheap, and much more reliable them IBM Deathstars.

Right Now Im Running 4 WDs, 1 Maxtor, 1 Seagate SCSI, and 1 Fujitsu

JJB

I've got a WD1200JB and IBM120GXP, WD a bit disappointed me becoz I pay more than IBM but get the same performance.

for the range of EIDE, I like IBM120GXP. Best buy!

I was a real Quantum fan until Maxtor to over, so now I use Seagate and am very happy with them..

Well my 2 40Gb Maxtor D740Xs havent let me down yet, blisteringly fast and reliable, they are quiet too and at a price thats normal! :-D

I'm pretty happy with 2 Maxtor drives D740X. One 80gig and one 20gig.

used to be a Maxtor fan (still am actually - they're VERY dependable) but on the system I'm building ATM, I'm going with a Seagate Barracuda - I've got a Shuttle XPC SS51G and I want to keep it as quiet as possible ... Seagate makes the quietest drives, from everything I've heard...

mavis

that aint true, WD are the quietest drives out at the moment

Originally posted by dabomb
that aint true, WD are the quietest drives out at the moment

I won't even bother arguing with you, just do a search on Google for "quietest hard drive" (include the quotation marks) and see what keeps coming up... 33dB when seeking, 25dB during idle - it's the Barracuda, sorry to say. ;)

On the other hand, WD's with the 8MB cache offer the best performance, maybe that's what you had in mind...?

mavis

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back