which dpi to use ?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
i have a 37" tv connected to the pc, i am normally 6ft away from the tv sometimes more sometimes less ;) and have read somewhere that any resolution over 1280 should use 120dpi - my resolution is the tvs max @ 1360x768, i have used 120dpi before but it makes things look strange and some programs don't seem to like it, should i leave it at 96dpi, or should i move it up to 120pi and learn to live with it ?

leave it at 72dpi. You should only change this if you have a high-density panel that supports higher DPI output.

its a HD LCD TV, think if i were to use the hdmi on ii (from hd player) it would do 1080p - xbox360 does :), though from the pc to the tv its a dvi to hdmi cable

I said high density not high definition. High def is just a higher resolution than standard TV. High Density packs more smaller LCD crystals into the same space as normal LCD panels to give a sharper more defined image.

its a HD LCD TV, think if i were to use the hdmi on ii (from hd player) it would do 1080p - xbox360 does :), though from the pc to the tv its a dvi to hdmi cable
it sounds like your tv's native resolution is 1366x768. so any 1080i/p content is being interpolated down to the native resolution anyway. i would be happier with a desktop resolution of 1360x768 knowing i'm seeing every pixel in it entirety. i would also try to play with custom resolutions and timings to see if you could get 1366x768. assuming that's the native resolution, of course.

and regarding the font dpi, i would pick whatever is most comfortable for you. the "120dpi for anything over 1280" rule is too vague. it really is about the size of the screen and the distance away from it.

i am using 1360x768 at the moment - higest is 1366x768, the 1080p is being done through the xbox360 which is going the full 1080p, its just the pc to tv that is low, i will leave it at 96dpi for now - till my eyes get too bad

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back