Which do you use?

At Home 2100XP+, at work Pentium IV 1.8Ghz.
Personally I favour the Athlons.

Edit:-
Oh yeah, I also have a 2nd machine with a Pentium III 933Mhz.
Pity I can't vote over lol

On my machine a P4 Northwood chip, 2.0aghz
On my server a P3 500mhz
On my mums computer an Athlon XP 2000+
On my dads computer an Athlon XP 1700+
I prefer my P4 :)

So far 43 votes received and 28 of them are AMD. :)
The 'other' 1, is an AMD K6 as mentioned by net-cruizer.

I want a dell - But am thinking about not getting one because they don't give you the option to have AMD in them .. You would think a computer company that big would have the option .. Intel bla !

as of right now I have a PIII 700MHz, but I have an Athlon XP2400+ on the truck right now.

Dell has a contract to sell Intel cpu's or somthing like that.
Why don't you just build your own pc?

I'm kinda surprised that no one has voted for Duron or Celeron.
Have all you guys/girls custom built your machines or something?

no self respecting tech would ever buy a PC that he didn't build himself... AND they wouldn't use Celeron or Duron anyways. :)

Athlon XP here! (as you can see from my sig)

Originally posted by lechtard
I want a dell - But am thinking about not getting one because they don't give you the option to have AMD in them .. You would think a computer company that big would have the option .. Intel bla !

dell has a nice agreement with intel and they don't have to worry about intel meeting their demands... both in low and high end machines and on the server side...

if you do recall amd has had a history of launches and not being able to meet the demand.. look for it to happen with the athlon64 again..

its not like dell has not tried out amd cpu's in their systems... @ this time there is no need for them to use amd though I am sure if amd shows that it can consistently deliver on time and in quantity... dell will be very tempted to move some of its products to an amd setup...

after all dell is all about the bottom line... :)

delayed shipments and product lines don't make anyone happy...

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
no self respecting tech would ever buy a PC that he didn't build himself... AND they wouldn't use Celeron or Duron anyways. :)

I just had an epiphany!
This whole forum is made up of the people who people turn to to fix their computers, whether they are professionals doing their jobs or the one that little old ladies call to get pr0n popups to go away. Most everyone here knows their stuff. :cool:

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1

ah come on :)

I would buy an ABS or alienware system in a heartbeat if I had the money :)

ego should not stand in ones way :D

--P4 1.7Ghz oced to 1.95Ghz--

doesnt really matter how much money you have, its pride, everything alienware puts into their computers anyone can do. Itz just a matter of experience and research to see how they do it.

I wouldn't buy AlienWare... not because they do not make killer PCs, but because I like knowing everything about my PC. I can build anything that they can, why pay them to do it? Why be stuck with their case? Yeah... great... they offer a warranty, but so do just about every company. You buy a part from a retailer it usually has a warranty.

Im with you on that one, ive built all 4 comps in my house, I dont hold with going mainline just for the sake of a warranty.

True, besides which, most warranty's are voided the minute you open up the case.
Certain Dell models (i.e. GX-110 tower) even has a sensor to
make the BIOS report the case has been opened.

I too build my own machines, and agree, if ya wanna learn about
the working's of a PC, (or even want to upgrade without
expensive premiums/warranty invalidations) this has to be one of
the best methods.

Hands on 4 me :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back