• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which dd-wrt version?

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
Okay so i am thinking of giving dd-wrt a go, mainly because i am bored, but which version do i need? There are so many different versions - i have found my router in the list but there are loads of different versions under the folder

mini - generic - mega - atheoros - etc etc

from some of the reading i have been doing others have installed, the last firmware from liksys to put the router back to factory firmware, then use mini then generic and then mega, others have said to just use generic.

Is there anyone here who uses dd-wrt and can advise me?

Thanks

graeme86

OSNN Junior Addict
I use the mega because it contains all the different options. You should look under there compatibility section on there website because depending on which version and Rev of router will determine which version you can use. i.e. if the router has enough memory to support the mega version of DD-WRT.

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
its a wrt54gs v1.1 - has about 30meg of ram - looks like mini is about my limit :/

edit: after double checking, and this time looking under the right folder (tired eyes!!) - dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin - so i may be in luck :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix