Which CPU cooler is better?

I

isamuelson

I'm not out to buy the best, top of the line CPU cooler or case (wife won't allow it).

So, I've researched around and found two that I'm not sure of.

I'm running an AMD Duron 1000 with NO overclocking and I don't plan to.

One is the Thermaltake Volcano 7 for about $24. Many reviews have stated this is pretty good, but the drawback is mainly the clip and some don't like the variable speed fan that works based on your temperature. I myself like that idea.

The other fan is the Antec Jet Cool Premium CPU cooler for Athlon and AMDs up to 1.5 Ghz. This is a little cheaper than the Volcano 7, but is it any better or about the same?

Also, many of the reviews say that the thermal compound is better than using the pads. I myself don't plan on taking the fan off once it's on (except when it's time to replace).

Also, my current fan/heatsink had a pad, so I know it's going to be sticky. How should I clean it off my Duron CPU? I don't want to damage it.

Thanks!

Definately volcano7.. :) ..you can get cheaper coolers than those.. and as your NOT overclocking you can save afew $.

liquid nitrogen on a waterfall design dripping straight onto the processor...very quiet and very efficient.

liquid nitrogen on a waterfall design dripping straight onto the processor...very quiet and very efficient

wot the ****???? more likely 2 freeze it!!!! not 2 mention really expensive+ i drip 2 much + u got a deep freeze cpu:eek: were u get this shit from?

wot the ****???? more likely 2 freeze it!!!! not 2 mention really expensive+ i drip 2 much + u got a deep freeze cpu were u get this shit from?

Joke Pronunciation Key (jk) noun.
1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
Informal.
1. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
2. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back