Which CMS should I use

Mecham

Vista bug finder
First of all if this topic is in the wrong section then I apologise because I was not sure which one to actually put this question in so I chose Coding and Design.

My question:

A really good CMS is hard to come by these days, they are either too darn expensive or just too plain and ugly. There is a huge gap in the market at the moment for a really good CMS to slot into and take the lead, this will be Invision Power's IP Dynamic which when released will surprise us all because its a real powerful piece of software which is actually what I'm looking for.

I am looking for something which has potential and upgraded on a regular basis to keep the flow of clientèle at the moment there are some CMS software out there which really annoy me because I know they have potential but lack upgrades and are plain and ugly. So does anybody know of a really good CMS to recommend to use, I have an idea of a CMS myself and although my PHP sucks big time, it would probably cost me in the region of 10K to pay for a PHP programmer to program a CMS to my specifications and needs. I have estimated a budget of 20K for a CMS and website design for a website. Would you agree this is a reasonable budget.

So the moral of the question should I wait for IP Dynamic and customise this to my needs or create my own CMS...?

I actually love the software "Virtuanews" and it kills me to see this software decline and sink into oblivion, when I know it has so much potential and I know for a fact, if the website was redesigned and re-marketed and brought in line with today's inflation figures it would make a nice profit and bring back clientèle instead of turning them away. Maybe I was a little too harsh there but, you have to agree it does have potential.

James

If you want a good CMS you need to code it yourself with your specific needs in mind. All the "one-size-fits-all" cms's are pretty poor in at least one aspect of things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swipk8