• Sendo X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iMate

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FishBoy

Feeeesh
Which cellphone would you guys choose, like the best one.

nokia or sony ericsson, i think they are the most innovative - even though they are the main players.

yea but the sonyericsson's camera has a low quality even on the p900/10 i have a t616 i hate the quality of it the nokia ones are better

Nokia would be my top choice, no doubt about it. The Series60 platform is just incredible if you're a geek. :D Plus, the general consensus amongst most professional reviewers is that Nokias almost always tend to have the best RF, which is a big criterion when selecting a phone, after all.

I do have my eye on the Audiovox SMT5600 at the moment though (an updated version of the Orange SPV C500, for you UK folks). It's the world's smallest Windows Mobile powered smartphone. Comes with Outlook and WMP10, both of which I would love to have.

The higher-end PDA-style Sony Ericssons are cool (the P800/P900 etc), but the lower and mid-range line is too boring. Although they're very well-designed phones, I just don't like the OS they use. It's not extensible enough to keep me entertained for more than a few days at best. :p

Motorola - they're generally nice and professional (v300, v600), but again, too boring.

Samsung - their phones in Korea are something to drool over (they just announced a 5 megapixel camera phone there), but based on the phones they've released here in the U.S., they would probably be at the very bottom of my list.

Sendo X and iMate - never seen them, never used them, so I wouldn't know. :)

im not a nokia geek but im a big nokia fan, i love them and their designs i wish i could go work for them after college, and i wish north america could get better phones or at least canada, usa is getting the 6620, canada's best nokia camera is the 3600, and the best sonyericsson is the p800 and everyone has t616 like mine, i talked to a guy at my college he said he works at rogers they talked about getting the newer phones like 7610 but they refused for some reason

oh btw netryder can you explain what's a smartphone, and by series60 do you mean 6600 etc...

Symbian formally defines a smartphone as the "generic name for voice-centric mobile phones with information capability." To expand on that a little bit, a smartphone could somewhat be considered as a combination of a cell phone (primarily) and a pocket computer. Smartphones run on a rich and extensible operating system that's capable of multi-tasking, and you have a wide variety of third-party software available that you can download and install onto it like you would on a computer. Because of that, you'll notice that smartphones come with expandable memory (in the form of MMC, RS-MMC, SD, or MiniSD cards) in addition to the built-in memory which other phones have as well.

Now, Symbian's Series60 and Windows Mobile are the two most widespread platforms that smartphones run on. So when I say Series60, I mean phones like the Nokia 3650 (this is the one I currently have), the 6600, 6620, 7610 etc...basically, phones that run Symbian OS 6.x or 7.x. Windows Mobile phones include the Motorola MPX220, the Audiovox SMT5600 that I mentioned above, etc.

wow i didn't know symbian could do all that, i like the 3650 it's the one themafia has i kept it with me for a month this summer when he came to visit coz i was going back to saudi through bahrain, and he was landing in saudi and they confiscate camera phones at the saudi airport, they are illegal for some gay reason.

ok well im gonna head off to bed now... it's 2 am and i have a cold good night

Sonyericsson K700i has got a good camera on it. I personally don't really have a favorite manufacturer, in the last 3 years I have have a Sonyericsson, Nokia and a samsung flip phone. Just seem to get whatever one I like the look of which is free when my contract comes up for renewal and I can upgrade phones.

nokia! i have the 3650, and its fine with me as netryder said the series 60 symbian operating system phones are amazing. before i go to canada (inshallah) for college, ill buy the best nokia out, right now the best nokia in my opinion and many others is the 7610 and theres a slight variant of that the 6670

i think the nokia 3230 is really nice i want it, i'll see how much it is when i get back in december
symbian.com says it should be around 350 UK pounds

FishBoy said:
i think the nokia 3230 is really nice i want it, i'll see how much it is when i get back in december
symbian.com says it should be around 350 UK pounds
Yeah, that's a really nice one. It addresses most of the issues people had with earlier S60 phones - it's small and light, has a hot-swappable memory card, and stereo sound output. :)

yea but the thing is that it's too expensive, my dad yelled at me last year coz i wanted to get a phone over 300 dollars, he was like it's just a phone you call someone and then you hang up, and now this one is over 300 GBP which is like 700usd, let's see what's he gonna say about that one :p

It's not worth paying that much.
I usually wait for a good deal to come up with my service provider. Amazon tends to have amazing deals as well (that Audiovox SMT5600 is going for $25 with a 1 year AT&T contract...I'm quite bummed that I'm locked in with T-Mobile at the moment).

yea but rogers doens't even have good phones so ican't get a great phone for cheap, i can get the 3600 for 200cad that's the only one with a camera

I would love to have Sony Ericsson.
bigsmile.gif

I guess I would have to go with Nokia, given that's the phone I now have ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back