Which case would you suggest?

Lancer,

They both look really nice... I have the Thermaltake Tsunami and this is the happiest I have ever been owning a case which did not need modding...

I have no experience with that Thermaltake case, but they do make a good product, and the thing I like is that you have the audio port on the side; but it depends on where the CPU is sitting vs where you are sitting in my case the tsunami sits to my right, so its audio being on top just "fits" better...

Coolermaster has some nice cases as well... anyone who has a coolermaster chime in with ideas for him thanks!

Mike A!

Well I like the looks of the second one. Thats all the input I have for you.

haha thanks nlm....

i'll have a lot at that Tsunami, i don't think i am going with the pc power psu anymore as $600 for a psu to me seems silly, i'm looking at a few others perhaps the enermax galaxy....

is the Tsunami totally aluminum or also plastic?

haha thanks nlm....

i'll have a lot at that Tsunami, i don't think i am going with the pc power psu anymore as $600 for a psu to me seems silly, i'm looking at a few others perhaps the enermax galaxy....

is the Tsunami totally aluminum or also plastic?

It is both aluminum and plastic, although I think that almost anything which bears a load is aluminum, it is a pretty solid case...

I like it.. very easy to work with...

Mike A!

I use the tsunami myself and while i like the looks and such I was severly dissapointed when building it. They tried to create a toolless case and ended up creating a headache. The snap pieces for the PCI-E/PCI cards were junk so I ended up screwing those in anyways, I was trying to mount a fan spare 5.25" bay but couldn't because the arms were only long enough to fit one screw in and the tsunami doesn't allow you to screw in 5.25" drives, instead they force you to use their rails (there are no screw holes in the case for these drives) and the rails don't screw on either instead they have little pegs that just slip into the holes on the drive. In short for a PC enthusiast case I was severly dissapointed by the lack of ability to customize it they may have improved on their cases by now though. On the other hand although I have never had one I have heard nothing but Good things regarding the Gigabyte cases (designed by coolermaster right?). One thing I like about the Coolermaster cases, assumingly the gigabyte are the same, is mounting the HDD sideways, makes access so much easier. Anyways just my $.02.

Coolermaster has some nice cases as well... anyone who has a coolermaster chime in with ideas for him thanks!

Mike A!

I have a Cooler Master Stacker 810. If I were going to buy another case tomorrow I'd buy another Cooler Master Stacker 810.

call me a cheapskate - but I quite like my sonata - using for a fileserver though - so different requirement.

call me a cheapskate - but I quite like my sonata - using for a fileserver though - so different requirement.
I love my Sonata too. Its beauty is in its simplicity. :)
I looked at a number of different cases back when I was building my machine, and didn't like even the more expensive ones because they felt too elaborate and over-designed.

The only case that caught my eye from the ones posted here is that black CM Mystique 632 that Mecham mentioned. I'd probably pick up one of those if I was building something now. The Antec P180/180B is pretty nice too.

Thermaltake cases have very good thermal dynamics (better than the stackers from coolermaster :p) so if you're building a High performance PC take a look at the top end of their range.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back